Hey guys, I have a question... I have a Jet City 20 W Combo and a Randall Diavlo and I'm wondering if it's possible to run these two at the same time to sort of blend a scooped sound with a mid heavy sound. How would I go about this and how would I maximize the potential for it?
Get an ABY pedal. That's all you need.

If you want to get crazy with it and be super awesome, get a stereo splitter (a stereo chorus pedal will work just fine, and still work as a splitter, even when the effect isn't on), and run your signal out of that into two separate effect chains, ending at the two different amps. Get two delays coming from opposite sides of the room in a syncopated rhythm with each other. It's the shit.
Let me make this clear, in case you didn't know.

You CAN NOT run two amps into one cab at the same time if that's what you mean.

You need another cab, and an A/B/Y pedal.
Quote by darkwolf291

You CAN NOT run two amps into one cab at the same time if that's what you mean.

You can. I do.

http://www.tonebone.com/headbone.php

But in any case, you're talking about a combo and another combo or a head and cab right TS? ABY switch is all you need. Just get one decent enough to not pop or click, or colour your tone.
Wait a minute!! How do you run two amps into one cab "at the same time" without frying everything? I'm sure darkwolf was referring to two outputs being used at the same time. He is correct. Can't be done.
Quote by Rickholly74
Wait a minute!! How do you run two amps into one cab "at the same time" without frying everything? I'm sure darkwolf was referring to two outputs being used at the same time. He is correct. Can't be done.

You can if it's a stereo capable cab with 2 separate jacks for each channel. Then you just need to make sure the ohms match each head and the speakers are powerful enough to handle the load of each head. You can also easily rewire a regular 212 or 412 to handle it, but you still need to be sure that the ohms and wattage match up on each side.

IMO it works best in a open back cab, or if you have a closed back it's good to have a wall/baffle separating the 2 sides to keep the 2 channels from interfering with one another. If it's a mono cab only wired in mono, you're definitely asking for trouble, and I would not recommend.
If you have a cab that's wired stereo (most Mesa and Marshall 4x12s are), you can run two amps into one cab just fine.
i love my radial engineering bigshot. one nice feature is that it has a tuner out, so its one thing out of your signal path. i have used it for damn near 10 years, and have had no problems.

i am running different heads into different cabs though.

but the bigshot is the way to go.
Well what I am running is two combos. I just don't know what to expect if I should try this kinda of thing. Bad results? Interesting results? Not worth looking into?
Quote by AsOneIStand
Well what I am running is two combos. I just don't know what to expect if I should try this kinda of thing. Bad results? Interesting results? Not worth looking into?

really its pointless for most uses. recording is nice because you can mic both amps (need two mics) where you can track two different layers with the different amps. however that is not double tracking. that just allows you to record two amps. for example i had one recording with my Nitro and my Trem-o-Verb.

live its just more gear to set up watch so it doesn't get stolen, etc. no real benefit there. i did it a couple times without a second guitarist, and at least i had something on both sides of the stage. i don't recall if we were mic'd some of those times though, i know one time for sure we weren't and we got so lucky i had an amp on both sides.
Quote by AsOneIStand

If you like the idea, go for it. Don't let anyone tell you it's not worth doing. Steve Vai does it. In the studio and live. I'm sure there's others, too. It can be awesome, and all you need is an ABY pedal to start experimenting. Try it.
one nice thing is that you can also run one to a good dirty amp with shitty cleans (ahem 6505) and have a clean amp on the other output. so its like a clean/dirty footswitch.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
one nice thing is that you can also run one to a good dirty amp with shitty cleans (ahem 6505) and have a clean amp on the other output. so its like a clean/dirty footswitch.

That's how I run the SSL and Peavey Stereo Chorus