Page 1 of 2
Professor Anne Glover, Chief Science Advisor to the European Union, got the axe because she presented the facts.

It's very popular to be anti-GMO these days, despite the fact that the scientific community overwhelmingly has proven that their not only safe, but in many cases were the cause of a sharp spike in health development in poor countries (If you're unfamiliar with Golden Rice, you should check it out).

Anyway, organizations like Greenpeace and other lobbyists have done a great job of slandering the scientific community, and using the uninformed public to get their way, it would seem. The Professor, in charge of informing the EU on all scientific matters, had her entire position cut because she explained to the powers that be that GMO foods have been proven safe time and again.

So there you go, EU President Jean-Claude Juncker thinks that beliefs are more important that facts.

“She’s controversial because of her views on GM. Juncker doesn’t like the idea of GM crops being approved by the EU on scientific grounds."

Dr Roberto Bertollini, Chief Scientist and World Health Organization representative to the EU, attacked a decision that shows Mr Juncker’s “unwillingness to accept independent scientific opinion”.

“Ideology and vested interests continue to dominate the public debate in Europe and elsewhere irrespective of the attempts to bring knowledge and science based advice in the picture,” he said.

Mr Juncker has also come under intense pressure from France, MEPs, Greenpeace, Friends of the Earth and lobby groups to abolish Professor Glover's post because of her views.

Articles on the subject:
http://theness.com/neurologicablog/index.php/politics-vs-science/
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/11229774/Jean-Claude-Juncker-sacks-EU-scientific-adviser-over-her-pro-GM-views.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2833891/Britain-s-EU-adviser-backs-GM-farming-ousted-Campaigners-claim-victory-fight-against-foods-job-scrapped.html

Anne's Wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Glover_(biologist)

A post from her original report:
http://seekerblog.com/2012/07/29/anne-glover-eu-chief-scientific-advisor-no-risk-with-gmo-food/
Last edited by JustRooster at Nov 18, 2014,
Quote by Daily Fail, i know, but still, for the lulz
Professor Glover had been based within the Bureau of European Policy Advisers, which has now been scrapped.

It will be replaced by the European Political Strategy Centre, which will give scientific advice to the commission but will not include a single scientific adviser.

Fan-frickin'-tastic.
We're not much better in the US. Our Secretary of Agriculture is a Lawyer from Iowa.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Fan-frickin'-tastic.

For ****s sake.

More ****ing bureaucrats is not the answer.

So much is standing in the way of progress right now.
Quote by JustRooster
We're not much better in the US. Our Secretary of Agriculture is a Lawyer from Iowa.

Iowa is nothing but corn, and slipknot, I think we're pretty solid.
Given the enormous caving-in of EU officials to idiots, they should have to subsist entirely on wild-type crops. And only wear natural fibres, again from wild-type plants.

That'll learn 'em.
Quote by stratkat
Iowa is nothing but corn, and slipknot, I think we're pretty solid.

Perhaps all this means that the Department of Agriculture will support the next Family Values tour.
Well screw that. I'm in full support of a united Europe and a united world (**** borders), but EU is not used to even half the potential that it has.
Quote by JustRooster

Not sure that's material, very few CEO's can do the jobs of their employees but that's not what they are tasked with.

An analogy in this instance would be the Sec. of Ag. firing their top scientific advisor for having the temerity to tell them the truth.

Not beyond the realm of the possible admittedly, but it hasn't happened yet.

Team 'Merica > Eurotrash

While reducing scientific influence in policy decisions is blatantly stupid beyond words, did any of those sources actually prove a casual relation between the discontinuation of the advisory position and Glover's stand on GMOs?

Anyhows, I think the main thing to be extrapolated from all this is fuck greenpeace.
HA! Typical Americahns! Styupad Americans and your poor education and french fries an- wait what?

Quote by Arby911
Not sure that's material, very few CEO's can do the jobs of their employees but that's not what they are tasked with.

An analogy in this instance would be the Sec. of Ag. firing their top scientific advisor for having the temerity to tell them the truth.

Not beyond the realm of the possible admittedly, but it hasn't happened yet.

Team 'Merica > Eurotrash

Team 'Merica still teaches creationism in schools.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Team 'Merica still teaches creationism in schools.
Well, GMOs prove the existence of intelligent design.
I used to be afraid of GMOs, but realized there's on prob. But pesticide, fungicide and herbicide should be investigated. When a gigantic sprayer drives down the road by my house you can smell America.
Quote by JustRooster
*Also Governor

Come on Europe, you used to be cool.
Quote by lncognito
Well, GMOs prove the existence of intelligent design.

Not if you're using the generally accepted definition of intelligent design.
Quote by JustRooster

Well, yeah, gotta be sharp when it comes to regulating the relation between GMO's and patent law. Oh wait a minute
Quote by The Judist
GMOs safe???

Pull the other one, it's got bells on it

You have evidence that shows otherwise? Or are you like the poster above with the magical berry senses?
Quote by Arby911
You have evidence that shows otherwise? Or are you like the poster above with the magical berry senses?

He read about it on a site that told him about chemtrails, reptilians and shit.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
He read about it on a site that told him about chemtrails, reptilians and shit.
Aw shit, now I just imagined that he choose his avatar because he's discovered that we "live in the matrix", and I feel awfully patronizing.
Do any of you know that type of upper-class 'liberal' who really gets fired up over this? It's funny because out of all the bad things going on this is their priority lol.

Admittedly I'm not that educated on GMOs. It's always been a non-issue in my mind. Yeah, Monsanto is bad from what I know but all the people shouting 'let's shop at *w/e store* because **** agrochemical businesses!' are just buying into the same system and worse. Patent laws are also bad but that's a bigger issue.
Quote by The Judist
All of which we agree exist.

Oh I dunno, why not let people have a choice? As the great philosopher Dido once put it, no love without freedom.

http://www.i-sis.org.uk/GM_Soya_Fed_Rats.php
http://www.i-sis.org.uk/Changing_from_GMO_to_non-GMO_soy.php

So that rat fed non-GM soy(or, as it's actually known, genetically modified through generations of selective breeding soy) have only one testicle, whereas rats fed GM soy have 2?
Mr Juncker has also come under intense pressure from France

Aren't GMOs banned in France outright?
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
i've been telling science to suck it since junior high

took ya long enough europe
Quote by The Judist
All of which we agree exist.

Oh I dunno, why not let people have a choice? As the great philosopher Dido once put it, no love without freedom.

http://www.i-sis.org.uk/GM_Soya_Fed_Rats.php
http://www.i-sis.org.uk/Changing_from_GMO_to_non-GMO_soy.php

Lol, that's not even a real journal. Find it in an actual journal and maybe somebody would buy into that. GMOs aren't hurting you. Atrazine and other residual chemicals might be though.
those testicles look like skittles from a tropical flavor pack
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
I live in a period of time in a world where there are laws being passed that PROHIBIT your everyday person growing tomatoes for him and his family and NOT for prohibit, in their tiny ass backyard. The same world where STARVING third world nations are BURNING GMO seeds from monsanto....

Commercially sold GM foods have been around for just almost 16 years. You're a ****ing ****** if you think that's enough time to scientifically prove they are safe for consumption. Even more ******ed if you think they are 100% beneficially to the human race.

Go ahead. Bully me all you want to get an egoboost. I got my info from the internet, the same place you did. Don't you dare anyone of you act like you've been studying this shit your entire lives.
Quote by Wormholes
I live in a period of time in a world where there are laws being passed that PROHIBIT your everyday person growing tomatoes for him and his family and NOT for prohibit, in their tiny ass backyard. The same world where STARVING third world nations are BURNING GMO seeds from monsanto....

Commercially sold GM foods have been around for just almost 16 years. You're a ****ing ****** if you think that's enough time to scientifically prove they are safe for consumption. Even more ******ed if you think they are 100% beneficially to the human race.

Go ahead. Bully me all you want to get an egoboost. I got my info from the internet, the same place you did. Don't you dare anyone of you act like you've been studying this shit your entire lives.

You're even more retarded because you don't know how to go around the censor, and even more retarded than that for this post.

I can tell you one thing, the information we obtained from the internet is a hell of a lot more credible than the information you've looked at. Or the gentleman who posted the above picture.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
What laws are there that prohibit, or even discourage, an individual from harvesting their own crops?

I've never heard of such a thing.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
but chemtrails 9/11 bush knocked down the towers fvckin LIZARD PEOPLE. OPEN UR EYES LISTEN TO THE JOE ROEGAN PODCAST
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Oh look at me I'm a wannabe mod must suck CARMELS BIG CLIT ****. Ohhhh but how would a 13er such as myself know of such a thing. Uh oh multi alert guys let's bully uh oh and then be all sad when theres some horrifical internet article of someone doing something bad cause of bullying.
Page 1 of 2