Anyone come up with acoustic practice sessions that are not strum heavy and focus more on finger strength building? I was doing something like that before I stopped practicing, I need a good guide to follow as if I try and learn anything my own way I get lost doing what I feel like to do which tends to be try and learn a tab I like.
Finger strength in which hand?

And I'm going to say this up front: you don't need more strength. Unless your hands are in some way unhealthy you have all the grip strength you need already.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Finger strength in which hand?

And I'm going to say this up front: you don't need more strength. Unless your hands are in some way unhealthy you have all the grip strength you need already.

Well strength and precision, one leads to another I think.

My biggest problem is being lost as to what to do and I worry that just messing with tabs is not that efficient.
It depends which muscles are weak. Find what is difficult to do. tone that down until it is difficult but doable, and then repeat and slowly ramp up.

I don't know any general exercises, but I know a whole number of little things I've done to practice strength in specific areas. I general go by feel to figure out what to practice. If you develop burning in your forearms, you're doing it right, and keep doing that.