Hey, all.

I came across this when looking for a guitar. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQHOPaLzgqw

I love the little riffs they play. I can't tell what type of music this is. Is it country? Bluegrass? Do you know any other songs similar to it?

And secondly, I know the guy talks the guitar up a lot in the video, but I am seriously considering it. I just want to make sure it's as good as it may seem.

For those who are going to say, "Just get the 114ce because the 214ce is just a gloss finish of the same guitar and the 214ce DLX is more bling so don't get it", the DLX has a rosewood b&s on the outside and on the inside. The normal 214ce has a sapele interior. Same as the 114ce.
t makes me think of John Hurt and Piedmont-style blues/ragtime. So look up Mississippi John Hurt

I'm a big fan of the Mexi Taylors, but I would have to trust my ears on preferences between models and between individual guitars. The rosewood/rosewood lam might make it sound a bit warmer and/or darker, but which I would prefer side-by-side with the standard model is anyone's guess. FWIW, I didn't like the fancy koa version as much as the basic version 214, and, knowing my tastes, I suspect I might feel the same way about the Dlx.
I have the dreadnaught version of this guitar, and I love it. I don't have any complaints other than the pickup system. When I plug it in it's a bit too bright, but it could also be my amp. I'm not sure, as I've never used it with another amp. Other than that, it's great.
I agree with Tommy..... Very John Hurt sounding fingerstyle blues playing.