Afraid of the Sky. Soundlcoud

We wrote this song after reading an interview with people in areas affected by recent drone strikes. Basically the drones are flown on the clearest days with the best visibility. In turn these people came to fear a beautiful sunny day with blue skies. We found that horrible to hear.

If you like that check out our other songs and like us on facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/WheresIan1
Last edited by georgeh1717 at Nov 19, 2014,
its fairly jolly for such a dismal subject matter.
the recording was a bit ... so so. i'd cut back on the old reverb.
wouldn't mind listening to a better mixed version
if pushed of an out of ten id give a 6 because it reminds me a little of Banana Co.

i'll follow.
Last edited by vocoderboy at Nov 19, 2014,
george,
The song itself is quite good. Sometimes the vocals sound very good, other times a bit pitchy. Use a pop guard or have your mouth pointed off to the side during 'p's" and 'b's' to avoid popping the mic. I like the guitar riffs, though at times the playing could be tighter. Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1659726
deja vu! or deja entendre, if you will. have you guys posted this track before?

anyways, definitely sounds like you're a little happy to be afraid of the sky. that's a bit ****ed up if you ask me.

maybe trying slowing it down a bit and taking the chorus into a different direction/key (less major notes) or reworking it entirely (think more mournful)? tbh i had difficulty hearing it any differently than how it currently exists (kinda made me think of a kid, sort of - happy/hopeful that his/her voice was being heard) so i guess my only criticism would be better recording quality.

vox are fantastic - you've got talent and confidence and a great set of lungs.

like what you've got going on though - the whole weezer/pixies/cold war kids vibe you guys are edging on and stuff. keep on making music!
Last edited by jrizzo at Nov 20, 2014,
Quote by jrizzo

anyways, definitely sounds like you're a little happy to be afraid of the sky. that's a bit ****ed up if you ask me.

i think this is the contradiction that gives the song character.
Quote by jrizzo
deja vu! or deja entendre, if you will. have you guys posted this track before?

maybe trying slowing it down a bit and taking the chorus into a different direction/key (less major notes) or reworking it entirely (think more mournful)? tbh i had difficulty hearing it any differently than how it currently exists (kinda made me think of a kid, sort of - happy/hopeful that his/her voice was being heard) so i guess my only criticism would be better recording quality.

vox are fantastic - you've got talent and confidence and a great set of lungs.

like what you've got going on though - the whole weezer/pixies/cold war kids vibe you guys are edging on and stuff. keep on making music!

Thank you that means a lot! Yeah our recording is mediocre, no doubt about that, we honestly don't have much of an idea of what we're doing when it comes to mixing haha. Really appriciate the input !
Quote by vocoderboy
i think this is the contradiction that gives the song character.

Yupp kinda what we were going for man. I understand why it would be confusing to some people, but its almost sarcastic. As with our other song on there if anyone had time to check it out " soybeans and cow " (lol) is basically a love song at first glance. But is really a satirical play on the relationship we have with those who produce things we use and eat everyday, and how they may not really want whats best for us! Sounds crazy but thats just who we are haha
I really like this track. I like how its recorded and everything. Very live feeling and I think that gives it a great feeling. I like how you guys decided to go with the happy contradiction to the actual lyrical content. It really gives the feel of trying to be happy in such a shite time. I'll be checking out some of your other stuff. Great stuff!

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1662311
Quote by mangablade
If star wars had a Heavy Metal band (no not "Vader" lol), then you would be it. You sound like a anrgy mother****ing Yoda.

I sound like an angry Yoda...is that a good thing...or a bad thing? lol