The pick-ups on my guitar seem to cut out now and then, especially the neck pick-up. I have taken apart the guitar to look at the wiring, which appears pretty solid, so I am not sure why it would be doing it. At one point my input jack was causing issues because it wasn't set perfect, but I tweaked that issue. Usually I can tap in the body of the guitar and get them to work again. Anyone know what might be cause it? Could it just be the input jack that I need to replace?

Thanks!
It's hard to tell without photos or actually seeing the instrument. Most likely answer is to just take it to your local tech and see what's up with it.
Could be a dirty pickup selector switch as well. I had that happen before.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
It's either the jack or the switch more than likely.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
thanks for the input guys. I have to believe it's the jack since it was giving me trouble when I first got it. Seeing as the part is fairly inexpensive, seems like a good place to start.
Last edited by lilcurtis at Nov 20, 2014,
Jacks don't really go bad, they just develop bad connections mostly from getting loose and twisting. I would just pull it out and solder it better. .
Get some Deoxit D5 and spray then work the switch. Spray a cable and then work it in and out of the jack. A little goes a long way. It also cleans up scratchy pots well.

Let it dry for a few minutes before you plug into the amp.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
I ended up getting some contact cleaner from Home Depot and re-soldered the jack. So far it seems to have done the trick, but only time will tell. Thanks all!