And why?
Was it also the best sounding?
Just curious. I'm a lefty and aside from taking a 4 hour road trip up to adirondack guitars sometime within the next few months to play absolutely everything, I pretty much have to order based on how they feel upside-down, which isn't really a great indicator.
Thanks!
My friends 1957 LP standard, it just felt and sounded great. The best I've owned is my PRS, well it is a PRS so go figure it plays and sounds awesome
It was a Vox Double Cut i think they called them 55's or something, Had these neat pups that were like a splittable humbucker inside a p90 ( so three coils), and was set up really nicely.
My Gibson V is the best playing guitar I own. It absolutely rips. I wish more guitars felt like it to play.

As for best playing ever, it really depends on how the guitar is set up, but probably a JP6.
I've been very happy with almost every Schecter I've ever played. But the hands-down best playing guitar I've ever touched? The Music Man Majesty (John Petrucci's new signature model). It is a dream.
Hard to say, I have played lots of really awesome guitars.

Out of my own personal stash though, definitely my EBMM Albert Lee HH, which is just effortless to play because every note rings out with incredible depth and clarity and it has very strong natural sustain that is quite prominent even on a clean setting. Sounds like I'm talking more about how it sounds, but my point is, it's very easy to make it sound great.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
My Gibson LP Studio Faded Satin. Played 100s of guitars in my search for 'The One', and that was The One I found.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
So far my Custom Shop 1957 Re-Issue Les Paul closely followed by my 1958 RI.
Moving on.....
Probably this 1968 Goldtop that's checked to shit:

Or my 81 Dean:

Honorable mention to my Edwards:

Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Nov 20, 2014,
I loved the Dean from Hell soft V neck and how high up my left hand was. It was a riffing machine, but I HATE Floyd Rose style bridges.

I've become so used to my custom though that it's hard to really say what's the best.
My RGR1570 Prestige, sure it's on the lower end of the Prestige line, but it plays as good or better than any guitar I've ever put my hands on and that's a lot of guitars.
Quote by RyanMW2010
Damn, dat goldy.....

Yeah she's great. Chunky neck and super light. All original to the point that the Klusons are still in the process of crumbling to pieces.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
My old Suhr Modern probably.

Or the JP6 or J Custom I had.

Don't miss them though

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Steve Vai Jem guitars feel very nice, that neck mainly.

The sound of the guitar and those pickups is very characteristic. That's also the problem. It even sounds like Vai just through a marshall.

Prs guitars have sounded the best balanced for me, but I've played boutique guitar worth well over 5000 bucks which are really unique and nothing compares in sound, mainly acoustics though, they are really sweet when made custom.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by bdof
I HATE Floyd Rose style bridges.

And they've never spoken highly of you.

The best playing guitar I've ever received new would have to be an '89 Carvin DC-150. Silly thing STILL plays that way.

These days I just hand the guitars to Gary Brawer and have him PLEK the suckers and superglue the frets. Action setup was established a few years ago, and he just duplicates that setup. So at this point, they all play pretty much the same.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Probably this 1968 Goldtop that's checked to shit:

That's a 69 I believe. 68 Gold Top LPs (the only other LP than the Custom Model in 68) had P90s. Yours is a '69 Deluxe , that's when Gibson introduced the Deluxe Model with the Epiphone mini-humbuckers. c/o The Les Paul Legacy 1968-2009 by Robb Lawrence.
Moving on.....
Quote by xxdarrenxx
Steve Vai Jem guitars feel very nice, that neck mainly.

The sound of the guitar and those pickups is very characteristic. That's also the problem. It even sounds like Vai just through a marshall.

Prs guitars have sounded the best balanced for me, but I've played boutique guitar worth well over 5000 bucks which are really unique and nothing compares in sound, mainly acoustics though, they are really sweet when made custom.

Well, being lefty, I could certainly get a PRS if I had about 4k to spend. They seem to get consistently amazing reviews, and they're beautiful guitars from a piece of art standpoint. I tend to prefer the more vintage stylings, though. Hmm.
Easily my '05 Gibson v. Action is at the perfect level, zero intonation issues, and plays smooth as butter. Plus it sounds killer!
ESP E-II Horizon FR
Gibson Flying V HET SET
ESP Eclipse II FM JB/Jazz
ESP M-II Deluxe EMG 81/SA
Marshall JCM2000 DSL/ JCM800 1960a cab
Tama Drums/ Sabian
Epiphone Jeff Waters Annihilator V. I don't know if all Gibson/Epiphone Vs also feel this way, but that guitar is amazing (especially for the price).

There was something about playing it that just begged me to play faster -- and it stayed smooth. Just an effortless shred machine...
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Quote by KenG
That's a 69 I believe. 68 Gold Top LPs (the only other LP than the Custom Model in 68) had P90s. Yours is a '69 Deluxe , that's when Gibson introduced the Deluxe Model with the Epiphone mini-humbuckers. c/o The Les Paul Legacy 1968-2009 by Robb Lawrence.

Yeah youre right. I wasnt really paying attention and forgot what year it was. I just went with 68 without thinking it through
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by ltdguy27
Easily my '05 Gibson v. Action is at the perfect level, zero intonation issues, and plays smooth as butter. Plus it sounds killer!

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
The best playing (feeling and sound) for me persanally is my 1982 Ibanez AM50 that I bought new that year. The neck just feels perfect and the sound from both humbuckers together is just beautiful. Mine is beat up now from lots of live use but I just did an intense fret dress and fretboard leveling and sanding about a month ago and it plays better than any other guitar I have ever personally played. It might be that I just a lucky that was made paticuarly well.
Attachments:
ibanez 4.jpg
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Nov 21, 2014,
Probably my Select Tele. I don't play it enough to be honest.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Last edited by Mephaphil at Nov 21, 2014,
I played a '81 silverburst Les Paul a few years ago at my local shop. Cosmetically it was trashed. The back had no paint and the owner in the 80's didn't know how collectible that guitar would be so he carved all his family members initials on it for some reason. It wasn't pretty and they only wanted $1500 for it....

But maaaaaan that thing played incredible. Pics are somewhere on an old phone.
Ibanez SZ320. Which is coincidently my main guitar. I dont know what it is, but the neck on it is amazing, and fits my hands like it was made especially for me. I basicly just bought it used without even trying it out first. I guess i got lucky. But i cant stress how good it plays. And i've played some top end guitars, including Music man petrucci sig, a few JEMs, vintage LP, Deans, all kinds of strats, and a bunch of other midrange guitars. This one feels better than all of them.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
i played one of the highest priced parker fly's $7000 or something crazy. i have a friend who is a corporate realtor and he does well. it played like secks. sounded great. but the only thing i remember is that it seemed too light. lol.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/