Am thinking of purchasing one but am still undecided between Schecter damien elite 6(EMG 81/85 Active PICKUPS) and Schecter Blackjack SLS C-1 Electric Guitar (Seymour Duncan Passive pickups). Can you help me out with this? Thanx!

I havent tried active pickups yet so Am kinda like confused of what to get between those two.
Besides the pickups, the Damien Elite have a bolt-on neck while Blackjacks are set-neck (the latter is theoretically better although not sure how much of a difference does that make in anything), and the Damien Elite has more of a "classic" Schecter neck i.e. slightly thicker, while the Blackjack SLS series are a bit more Ibanez-ish.

Blackjacks are theoretically a slightly more expensive series but I think these are very much comparable, most of the important specs are pretty much the same. I think really all there is to do is play both and decide, especially the pickups - EMGs tend to cause strong "love or hate" reactions from what I see. There is also a Blackjack version with SD Blackouts which are also active but sound different from EMGs, worth trying out imo (personally I love them).
Thanx man! What I love about the damien elite is that it has grover tuners as well. The blackjack is really attractive! Plus those seymour duncan pickups are tempting but I have to choose wisely.
I have owned guitars with EMGs and passive pickups, and what it really comes down to is play style and preference. I loved the EMG's when playing heavier music as they get great crunch, but if you like to play a lot of cleans and have more of a smooth sound, they just aren't great for that.

If you want something that is versatile, go with the Blackjack. My current rig is a Schecter C-1 elite with DiMarzio Joe picksups in it and I love it. Schecter makes a great guitar for the price, so I am sure you will be happy with either option you choose.

As a side note, technically neck through guitars are supposed to have better sustain, but on the 2 Schecters I owned, the bolt on actually had better sustain. Could have a lot to do with the pickups and set up, I don't know.
Yeah since I play metal I guess I should choose the active ones. I've never tried active though so this time maybe I will.
Quote by thenubcakeset
Yeah since I play metal I guess I should choose the active ones. I've never tried active though so this time maybe I will.

Not necessarily. It's not that black and white. There are non-metal players who use active pickups, and some of the heaviest metal you'll ever hear was played/recorded with passives.

Also, just as a side note, you said you like that the Damien Elite has grover tuners... the Blackjack SLS does, as well. If you get the Floyd Rose version, that is. The hardtail version has Schecter's own locking tuners and trust me, they're great. Locking tuners in general are awesome, and the ones Schecter puts on their higher end non-trem guitars are fantastic.
Quote by the_bi99man
Not necessarily. It's not that black and white. There are non-metal players who use active pickups, and some of the heaviest metal you'll ever hear was played/recorded with passives.

Also, just as a side note, you said you like that the Damien Elite has grover tuners... the Blackjack SLS does, as well. If you get the Floyd Rose version, that is. The hardtail version has Schecter's own locking tuners and trust me, they're great. Locking tuners in general are awesome, and the ones Schecter puts on their higher end non-trem guitars are fantastic.

Just bought the Schecter Damien Elite non trem with grover tuners man. Am still waiting for it though....
Quote by thenubcakeset
Just bought the Schecter Damien Elite non trem with grover tuners man. Am still waiting for it though....

Very nice. Tis a sweet axe. Enjoy.
Quote by the_bi99man
Very nice. Tis a sweet axe. Enjoy.

I just hope that it reaches before Christmas. I live somewhere in Asia lol
Quote by thenubcakeset
I live somewhere in Asia lol

Well I hope you were more specific giving the dealer your shipping information.
Quote by the_bi99man
Well I hope you were more specific giving the dealer your shipping information.

LoL ofcourse!