This EP has been a long time in the making for me. I tried to write about topics and tell stories from new and interesting perspectives, for example the title song for the EP is about the Loch Ness Monster. Please give my music a listen I will of course C4C and if you really like my music please share it or you can help me out even more by dropping a little money on it.

Thanks so much

https://mathewseigler.bandcamp.com/releases
As I listen

-Your voice is good but I think could use a little edge and polishing in the doubling of the vocals. But im not one to talk lol
-songwriting is really good, everything is really well connected and complements itself.
-sounds kinda like the beatles or dr. dog, musically, which is great
- I kind of take back my first comment, there are more energetic vocal parts in the song which sound good
-guitar tone on the solo is a little meh. I hear what ur going for but could use some touch up

piano liquidation song
-not as big a fan of this one, its bouncy like the first and fun but theres something about it that isn't appealing

Anna
-I like this one
-Good lyrics, engaging
-Nice flow to the song
-great ending and solo

I think if you got better recordings you would sound a lot better. Maybe a little more dynamics in the voice also, it kinda sounds like the same volume/energy a lot of the time

check out mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1661779
Last edited by themilestones at Nov 23, 2014,
Quote by mike_197
Woah man, this was seriously impressive. It has a bit of Neutral Milk Hotel flair, but avoids being derivative. The whole thing was just super catchy and whimsical and the little stories you tell are fantastic. I really can't think of anything that was bad or out-of-place, really top-notch songwriting.

Anna was probably my favorite song of the bunch, and your guitar work hits a rare sweet spot where it's not overly flashy but still skillful and tasteful. I might download it and look forward to what you'll do in the future great work man

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1662339

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond I posted these songs right before I left on my honeymoon so I haven't been near a computer. Anyways.....

thank you so much this is pretty awesome to wake up to! I'm glad that the songwriting and lyrics are coming across to you in the way I was hoping. I have had quite a few people who have listened or downloaded the EP thinking that it's almost a comedy album or something which is pretty far from what I was trying to do.

As far my critique:
Intro: I like this but the backing guitar is a little too loud

Vocals: reminds me of rivers cuomo of weezer

The vocal melodies and rhythmic patterns you chose were interesting to me because they felt like they were going to pick up and get a little swing about them but they would then dive back down which was a unique dynamic that I liked.

The guitar solo was pretty good although I think the delay/reverb may have been a bit too much since the guitar seemed to get lost in the mix a little bit.

All in all it was a good song, and I really did like it. I think the only things I would work on with this particular piece would be the mixing and possibly fading out earlier since most people look at a 5 min song and go "Ohhh boy" and skip over it.

Once again thank you for taking a look at my music, hope you have a great day
Thank you for taking the time to listen to my music. Recordings have always been a bit of an issue that I have been trying to deal with and get better at. But considering my entire recording rig only costs me about $400 I'm not so upset with the results.

I went to critique your songs for you and could not seem to get the links to work. I think there may be something up with your sound cloud. I'll try again later though to see if I can't get it working.

Quote by themilestones
As I listen

-Your voice is good but I think could use a little edge and polishing in the doubling of the vocals. But im not one to talk lol
-songwriting is really good, everything is really well connected and complements itself.
-sounds kinda like the beatles or dr. dog, musically, which is great
- I kind of take back my first comment, there are more energetic vocal parts in the song which sound good
-guitar tone on the solo is a little meh. I hear what ur going for but could use some touch up

piano liquidation song
-not as big a fan of this one, its bouncy like the first and fun but theres something about it that isn't appealing

Anna
-I like this one
-Good lyrics, engaging
-Nice flow to the song
-great ending and solo

I think if you got better recordings you would sound a lot better. Maybe a little more dynamics in the voice also, it kinda sounds like the same volume/energy a lot of the time

check out mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1661779