Hey, I've been looking for some cheap guitars with 81/85 EMG pickups in it.

And I found one, he claims it is a ESP LTD M50 with some new 81/85 EMG pickups in it, he wants $151.

But when I looked at some pictures, the M50 looks very different.

Can anyone confirm that this is indeed fake or legit?

I can only supply one picture: http://i.imgur.com/YqhJDvY.jpg

Besides, what is that for tremolo?
Last edited by Slipperss at Nov 20, 2014,
hard to tell from that pic. the pickups would be worth about that much so either something isn't right or that's a hell of a deal.
Yeah I realized this, I sent him a mail asking if its still available.
Weird thing is, he posted it 6th of august, and its still there.
Quote by Slipperss
Hey, I've been looking for some cheap guitars with 81/85 EMG pickups in it.

And I found one, he claims it is a ESP LTD M50 with some new 81/85 EMG pickups in it, he wants $151.

But when I looked at some pictures, the M50 looks very different.

Can anyone confirm that this is indeed fake or legit?

I can only supply one picture: http://i.imgur.com/YqhJDvY.jpg

Besides, what is that for tremolo?

Looks like a Floyd Rose style bridge. Probably an LFR.

Pics are pretty bad but what makes you think its fake aside from the price? Everything looks fine (from what I can see but I'm no LTD expert). Knobs are in the correct spot etc...

I mean the guitars retail for under 300 new so I don't see it being sold for 150 as a big deal. I'm sure the ESP/LTD experts will chime in though.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Looks like a Floyd Rose style bridge. Probably an LFR.

Pics are pretty bad but what makes you think its fake aside from the price? Everything looks fine (from what I can see but I'm no LTD expert). Knobs are in the correct spot etc...

I mean the guitars retail for under 300 new so I don't see it being sold for 150 as a big deal. I'm sure the ESP/LTD experts will chime in though.

guitar looks legit but if it is loaded with EMG 81/65s then you kinda have to wonder as those are worth the asking price.
Looks like a MH, not a M50. M series have a flat top body, the MH/H series have a carved top.
Go play it and for that type of money I'd get it if it was decent
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by monwobobbo
guitar looks legit but if it is loaded with EMG 81/65s then you kinda have to wonder as those are worth the asking price.

Yeah but you have to remember that you can't just charge 200 dollars for a 100 dollar guitar just because you spent 100 bucks in parts to throw in. If that was the case, every modified Epiphone Les Paul with modded SDs, tuners and a case thrown in would be going for more than a new one instead of being 300 bucks easy all day.

A used guitar is a used guitar.

You can also get EMGs used for pretty cheap as well.

Quote by Robbgnarly
Looks like a MH, not a M50. M series have a flat top body, the MH/H series have a carved top.
Go play it and for that type of money I'd get it if it was decent

Yeah, try it out and see if you like it.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
It's probably legit. It's only an M50. He may have even bought the pups secondhand. If someone was going to extremes to fake a guitar, I doubt it would be this one.
That floyd is probably terrible, though.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Yeah but you have to remember that you can't just charge 200 dollars for a 100 dollar guitar just because you spent 100 bucks in parts to throw in. If that was the case, every modified Epiphone Les Paul with modded SDs, tuners and a case thrown in would be going for more than a new one instead of being 300 bucks easy all day.

A used guitar is a used guitar.

You can also get EMGs used for pretty cheap as well.

Yeah, try it out and see if you like it.

I agree used guitar is a used guitar but even GC will tack on a few bucks for the better pups. the guitar is worth $150 in nice shape without the upgrade. as for the Epi's just check craigslist sometime for tons of people trying to squeeze extra for the upgrades. from a store yeah used is used and the mods don't add true value in many cases. that's what I say when buying at least" oh not original, can I get a deal". people to people I think you can get away with charging a little more.
Quote by monwobobbo
I agree used guitar is a used guitar but even GC will tack on a few bucks for the better pups. the guitar is worth $150 in nice shape without the upgrade. as for the Epi's just check craigslist sometime for tons of people trying to squeeze extra for the upgrades. from a store yeah used is used and the mods don't add true value in many cases. that's what I say when buying at least" oh not original, can I get a deal". people to people I think you can get away with charging a little more.

Yeah and they never sell it for that either. I've watched plenty of modded guitars stay on those things for months and months because somebody overvalues the thing because they spent money and don't want to lose out. Unfortunately, I'm not going to pay extra because you thought these pickups sounded better.

It's not worth more and if you pay more because it's modded then I don't know (unless I guess the mods are your taste and you aren't swapping things out).

Also we don't have GC here and not a lot of big retailers sell used. So I can't speak about that. But yeah, I'm of the opinion that a modded guitar holds less value. That's why people keep the original parts for when they sell their guitars.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Nov 20, 2014,
it's the MH-50 not the M-50 so that's probably why it looks different. and it sells around 250 new so i'd say 150 is what it'd be worth used.
Thanks for the replies, guys.

It's the EMG pickups that I really want, I don't care much for the guitar (thought it would be nice to have 2 guitars).

Does anyone know how much it would cost to get a pair of EMG pickups installed in my guitar if I go to a guitar repair shop?

When it has got passive pickups?
And If i supply the EMG pickups?
Quote by Slipperss

It's the EMG pickups that I really want, I don't care much for the guitar (thought it would be nice to have 2 guitars).

Does anyone know how much it would cost to get a pair of EMG pickups installed in my guitar if I go to a guitar repair shop?

Depends on the shop, but if you get the solderless emgs do it yourself all you will need is a screwdriver.
Quote by Fastmerc
Depends on the shop, but if you get the solderless emgs do it yourself all you will need is a screwdriver.

I'll look into it, thanks.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Yeah and they never sell it for that either. I've watched plenty of modded guitars stay on those things for months and months because somebody overvalues the thing because they spent money and don't want to lose out. Unfortunately, I'm not going to pay extra because you thought these pickups sounded better.

It's not worth more and if you pay more because it's modded then I don't know (unless I guess the mods are your taste and you aren't swapping things out).

Also we don't have GC here and not a lot of big retailers sell used. So I can't speak about that. But yeah, I'm of the opinion that a modded guitar holds less value. That's why people keep the original parts for when they sell their guitars.

well yeah I won't spend real money on a modded guitar either (although if it was exactly what I wanted and was cheaper than buying the parts etc).

I bought a modded MIM strat last year from GC. they wanted $350, I grumbled and got it for $325 which is a little more than what a stock one goes for. the guitar has graphtech saddles, full steel block, Sperzel locking tuners and an LSR roller nut. the pickups aren't stock but I don't know what they are. even at $350 that was a good deal. alls I need to do is install some Lace Sensors and the guitar will be a perfect back up for my Strat Plus. smart mods can add value just not the total cost of the mods (they're used just like the rest of the guitar)

you're in Ontario so perhaps a trip south of the border sometime. tons of good Guitar shops not all that far away. (I'm in upstate ny)
Quote by Slipperss

around here $20 per pickup is standard. for EMGs it may be a bit more and that is provided the cavity the battery goes into doesn't need to be routed to fit it in. you may get a break on price if you have them do a full setup as well.