Did anyone ever watch Stargate?

I just rediscovered it on Netflix and I am watching the old episodes of SG-1 over again. It's honestly one of my favourite TV shows ever and strikes a good balance between emotional impact, comedy and semi sad science.

It was good. Even Atlantis was really good.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Stargate Universe is the best show ever. Not that much into the other two though.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Loved it. That and Star Trek Next gen & Voyager and Charmed were my shows as a teen (charmed only because I wanted to bang everyone of the sisters. Piper especially. We didn't have internet in our house until I was in uni so I took what I could get from tv.)

The spin offs were too cringey knock-off sci fi series feeling for me to get into though and didn't have the benefit of being established and unassuming if it was going to take off. I felt like SG1 had covered everything nicely and I just treated the spin off as separate shows that I have to get into on their own merit instead of seeing them as continuations of SG1.

I still try and make it home for 8pm so I can watch the repeats on channel 11 on freeview.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
Loved it. That and Star Trek Next gen & Voyager and Charmed were my shows as a teen (charmed only because I wanted to bang everyone of the sisters. Piper especially. We didn't have internet in our house until I was in uni so I took what I could get from tv.)

The spin offs were too cringey knock-off sci fi series feeling though and didn't have the benefit of being established and unassuming if it was going to take off.

I still try and make it home for 8pm so I can watch the repeats on channel 11 on freeview.

Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
see my edit.

I'm sure they get interesting but just watching the first few it just felt like convoluted cash-ins on the stargate name.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Actually Stargate Universe was like completely different. People trapped on an alien spaceship that travelling to find the deepest mystery of the universe, with no way of getting back home. It was so sad when they didn't have enough energy and went into hibernation forever. Worst ending to a show ever. Heart broken.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Universe was very depressing.

I did really like Atlantis though. The first series where they were cut off from Earth it was really good, after that it was a lot less exciting because of the resources and access to Earth they had.

Charmed though theguitarist...when I couldn't get on the internet Charmed was heaven for me. Rose McGowan

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Depressing is good. And how can you people forget the delicious Alyssa Milano?
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
SG-1 is great. I remember one episode where Tealc and Jack were stuck in a time loop (groundhog day) and they started doing some funny stuff, like golfing through the stargate.
Quote by ElMaco
SG-1 is great. I remember one episode where Tealc and Jack were stuck in a time loop (groundhog day) and they started doing some funny stuff, like golfing through the stargate.

That was the best episode. Fruit loops for breakfast every day.

There was the one where Teal'c got stuck in a video game once too. That was awesome.

The show really has an awesome mix between comedy and substance.

Quote by Neo Evil11
Actually Stargate Universe was like completely different. People trapped on an alien spaceship that travelling to find the deepest mystery of the universe, with no way of getting back home. It was so sad when they didn't have enough energy and went into hibernation forever. Worst ending to a show ever. Heart broken.

exactly, that's why i didn't get into it, I ended up treating it as a entirely new show unrelated to stargate.

thanks for summing up the series and satisfying my residual curiosity
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
SG-1 was sooo great. They lost me at the last 2-3 seasons...

Stargate Atlantis eeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhh

Also, RIP General Hammond

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
oh shit I completely forgot about SGU...

Maybe I should watch that sometimes...

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
SG-1 was sooo great. They lost me at the last 2-3 seasons...

Stargate Atlantis eeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhh

Also, RIP General Hammond

yeah I blank out the last few series cause of o'neil not really being in them and shoehorning in the new guy.

edit: shit I forgot I still haven't watched the two tv movies. are they satisfying extensions of the sg1 story?
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
The last couple of series were basically Fargate. Still really good TV though. The final episode was really really good.

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Did anyone ever watch Stargate?

I just rediscovered it on Netflix and I am watching the old episodes of SG-1 over again. It's honestly one of my favourite TV shows ever and strikes a good balance between emotional impact, comedy and semi sad science.

It was good. Even Atlantis was really good.

It's on NetFlix now?! YES!
I really liked it when I was younger. It was like the Supernatural of the late 90s/early 00s. Atlantis was pretty good too.

Never finished Universe. It seemed meh in comparison to Battlestar Galactica.
Quote by theguitarist

yeah I blank out the last few series cause of o'neil not really being in them and shoehorning in the new guy.

edit: shit I forgot I still haven't watched the two tv movies. are they satisfying extensions of the sg1 story?

The Ark Of Truth was alright, but nothing that great, IMO.
But then again, I never really liked the Ori as an enemy that much.
I guess it was the whole religion against science thing that annoyed me.
Kinda made Morena Baccarin like the Dolores Umbridge of the stargate franchise.

Continuum totally kicked ass though (also IMO).
I bought the DVD but still watch it when its on TV.

I saw the Stargate movie when it hit DVD. Loved it.
Was sad when they announced the series since it meant no sequel.
But was pleased with SG-1.
I liked all the spinoffs.
SGU was my least favorite, but it had some awesome moments in it.
Like when Eli's mom comes on board. Totally get the feels with many parts of that episode.

Quote by EndTheRapture51
The last couple of series were basically Fargate. Still really good TV though. The final episode was really really good.

Yeah, I know.
But it still worked.
Claudia Black and Ben Browder work well together.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Nov 20, 2014,
SG-1 was great until Richard Dean Anderson left. When they tried to stick that alien chick and the new leader in there it just wasn't as good. Also the Ori were nowhere near as fun villains as the Goa'uld and the Replicators.

Never got into Atlantis and Universe was a ****ing soap opera. Didn't care for their of them.
Last edited by Seref at Nov 20, 2014,
I love the [non TV] Movie a lot. I've ignorantly assumed it's more to do with action and the characters than the actual story and history around the stargates. I'm very interested and believe* in that sort of thing so I don't want to taint the movie.

*believe as in am very interested in the whole thing, and it's seems realistic enough to me that something like that could be real therefore I want it to be real.
1996. I am a young child, leaving my older brothers high school basketball game, my parents drive home through the snow on a friday night. Playing in the snow until the pizza driver pulls through the falling snow. The glow of stargaze sg-1 flowing out the frosted window, into the past.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Quote by ripple07
1996. I am a young child, leaving my older brothers high school basketball game, my parents drive home through the snow on a friday night. Playing in the snow until the pizza driver pulls through the falling snow. The glow of stargaze sg-1 flowing out the frosted window, into the past.

This is better lyrics than Muse.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
This is better lyrics than Muse.

Thanks, fellow nov 07er. Tilk was a man of few words, though...
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Quote by ripple07
Thanks, fellow nov 07er. Tilk was a man of few words, though...

I have not seen you in awhile. Either that or you had a new avatar and just changed back to your old one.
Quote by That Old Geezer
I have not seen you in awhile. Either that or you had a new avatar and just changed back to your old one.

Been a couple years, I reckon
Quote by Gabel
Quote by ripple07
Thanks, fellow nov 07er.

Tilk was a man of few words, though...

Did you mean Teal'c?

LOL

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi

Did you mean Teal'c?

LOL

Is it just me or does the captain guy look like McGyver?
Quote by Gabel
Quote by ripple07

Is it just me or does the captain guy look like McGyver?

He was McGyver wasn't he? Thats what my mom always says. She might be crazy though.

SG-1 is probably one of my favorite shows. The first season is a little rough, but lots of shows have that problem. And the last season didn't feel all that resolved to me, but it is probably best they stopped before it god weirder.

I like Atlantis okay, but I really liked SG-1 for the characters, so it kinda feel like "CSI Miami" or something to me, like same great show you love, but not with the people you love it for. I have not watched Universe, but the girl I'm currently into has warned me that she hates it, so theres that.
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

Quote by Danjo's Guitar
He was McGyver wasn't he? Thats what my mom always says. She might be crazy though.

SG-1 is probably one of my favorite shows. The first season is a little rough, but lots of shows have that problem. And the last season didn't feel all that resolved to me, but it is probably best they stopped before it god weirder.

I like Atlantis okay, but I really liked SG-1 for the characters, so it kinda feel like "CSI Miami" or something to me, like same great show you love, but not with the people you love it for. I have not watched Universe, but the girl I'm currently into has warned me that she hates it, so theres that.

They finished the last season of SG-1 with 2 TV films summing everything up.

Quote by DukeDeRox
I really liked it when I was younger. It was like the Supernatural of the late 90s/early 00s. Atlantis was pretty good too.

Never finished Universe.

Universe, technically, was ended prematurely. They had to wrap everything up earlier than originally anticipated because the network wouldn't support it for another season.