So today I accidentally drank a Frijj Strawberry Milkshake that was apparently 10 days out of date. When I was half way through drinking it I noticed the use by date. But it tasted so ****ing good that I gave no shits and finished it off. No regrets. Best Frijj I ever had!

Now I know some people would be terrified at the thought of even touching something thats past it's use by date. Thoughts?
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
If I didn't have my feminist head so far stuck up my ass, I'd probably be able to create a terrible pun in response to the title?
Usually, smelling it is a better indicator than going by the expiration date.
Sometimes it's spoiled weeks before. Sometimes it's still good weeks after. Nothing new.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by lncognito
If I didn't have my feminist head so far stuck up my ass, I'd probably be able to create a terrible pun in response to the title?

your mum's past her use by date but it didn't stop me last night?
Quote by So-Cal
your mum's past her use by date but it didn't stop me last night?
No no, title says 'dates'. So something about multiple mums or something. C'mon pit. We can make this pun happen.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
use by date is different from expiration date.

really depend on what it is though.

dairy products start getting a little rank close to the use by date. other shit with natural preservatives/high salt content i've eaten 6 months after the use by date.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
i use your mom by date three

she's rancid afterwards so i toss her out

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Only wasteful chumps abide by use by/expiry/best before dates. They don't mean a thing.
I always go by smell/sight

Like I've had bread weeks after its "Use By" date, because it's still fine Similar experiences with milk and vegetables and whatever.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
I drank a milkshake a few days to a week past the use by date a few months ago. It tasted how I imagine battery acid does. Think it's luck of the draw on that one.
It's just the manufacturers opinion.....

Just look and smell, if it looks or smells off, don't eat it.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
They're there 'cause law states they have to be there.

I really don't care for them - I taste something and decide if it's still good by that.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I've once ate a bag of crisps that was about 7 months out of date and they were fine. If I had known beforehand that they were out of date, I probably wouldnt have eaten them.

Really though, it depends on what sort of food it is. Stuff like bread and cheese will get all skanky, but if the food seems skank-free, eat away!
I have nothing important to say
Quote by JackSaints
I've once ate a bag of crisps that was about 7 months out of date and they were fine. If I had known beforehand that they were out of date, I probably wouldnt have eaten them.

Really though, it depends on what sort of food it is. Stuff like bread and cheese will get all skanky, but if the food seems skank-free, eat away!

Speaking of skanks how is your mother?
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
u gon die

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Meh use by dates are estimates.... expiration dates I'm more careful about....
Nobobdy expects the Spanish Inquisition...
Quote by JackalUK
I drank a milkshake a few days to a week past the use by date a few months ago. It tasted how I imagine battery acid does. Think it's luck of the draw on that one.

Depends a lot on how it was stored and such.

Something like that made with UHT, and kept sealed pretty much won't go off. Pasteurised milk, you've probably got a week or two past the printed date, as long as it's sealed and kept in a working fridge. Non-pasteurised milk, and even buying it makes you a poor excuse for a human.

EDIT: BTW, shame on you, TS, for not buying chocolate. Also, for not buying Yazoo, which is superior in all tangible and intangible ways.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by JackalUK

so that's where my battery acid went
Quote by slapsymcdougal
EDIT: BTW, shame on you, TS, for not buying chocolate. Also, for not buying Yazoo, which is superior in all tangible and intangible ways.

My preferred milkshake is Strawberry flavoured and Yazoo is OK but I much prefer Frijj. But then there are McDonalds' strawberry milkshakes which is a whole other level of amazing.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by Nero Galon
My preferred milkshake is Strawberry flavoured and Yazoo is OK but I much prefer Frijj. But then there are McDonalds' strawberry milkshakes which is a whole other level of amazing.

Burn the heretic!
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'