I'm currently working on an app to convert live music or files (mp3/mp4/wav) to tablature and sheet music. The app will take about a year longer to produce and even then will be limited greatly to songs with little to no distortion and less than 3 or fewer instruments.

I was wondering if I could get a little bit of feedback and figured this would be the perfect place to do so. I also created a little survey for when I market the app because business people like charts and stats, it's a bit simplified but it would help me out a bit if you don't mind wasting a minute or two.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/T3CQ9LV

Thanks
It would be equivalent to dividing by 0 on a processor made in the 60's.

There would be fire... lots and lots of fire.....

In reality though this is where it shines, single instrument arrangements. It would be able to analyze the notes one by one so it would catch everything but the very subtle changes in tempo would throw it off a bit.
I seem to remember 10-15 years ago a software that converted a song file (one instruemt like a piano) to midi and them the midi software created a staff view file. I also remember it really didn't work well because in the end the timing of the measures was the problem. If you just wanted a long staff view with no measures and just the notes it worked but I remember trying a demo of the software and it had timing issues. I don't remember what it was called but I don't know if it ever took off at all.
Quote by Brennen1350
The app will take about a year longer to produce and even then will be limited greatly to songs with little to no distortion and less than 3 or fewer instruments.
There you lost me.

It's not that the development would be bad, it's the initial idea that's stupid.
This thing's not worth spending time over TS.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
There you lost me.

It's not that the development would be bad, it's the initial idea that's stupid.
This thing's not worth spending time over TS.

What about guitar solos? How many times have you hit the rewind and play button trying to get a piece down note by note? then second guessing yourself and spending another hour going over that part again.

If you told me I didn't need to listen to Maggot Brain 500 times to learn how to play it and instead could use a technology to transcribe it for me and then practice to it maybe 50 times I would kill you for not telling me earlier.

The demand for this kind of software is out there. Don't get me wrong, I wish it could cover every piece with every weird distortion out there but that is just unfeasible.

(Side note what does TS stand for, asking this makes me feel very old)
Last edited by Brennen1350 at Nov 21, 2014,