Trying to decide between the two. The rootbeer al 2000 on sale for $179 looks like an incredible deal. I keep looking at the HSB AL 3010 for $315 mostly due to the upgraded pickups and the color. Looking for opinions if the al 3010 from a quality standpoint (upgraded pickups, hardware, etc) is really worth the extra money or if it's not even noticable. I guess another option woudl be to wait if and until a 3100M gets posted as a B stock for around $300. Looking for opinions.
A 3100M posted as a B stock will be gone in minutes. There are people who actually have scripts that check for B stock items at fairly short intervals.

Like the AL-2000, the 3010SE will be history as soon as they've sold them out. I have an AL-2000 Floyd (B stock) that I've been using as one of my pair of bar guitars. The other is an AL-3100 Floyd that I picked up used. I'm personally a fan of ebony fretboards and real MOP/Abalone inlays, and I *like* the fancier binding on the body and headstock, so I'd guess that my *visual* preference would be the 3100. But there are no flies on the AL-2000 at all. If there's a root beer on sale for $189, it's definitely a helluva deal. Buy It Now.
I personally would feel better with the upgraded hardware but the 2000 probably wouldn't be a bad purchase. for that price, its sure worth it. I have a 7 string AL and am loving the hell out of it. its a heavy beast but it sounds and feels great, looks pretty, and there aren't any flaws.

EDIT: here's a photo of it as it arrived, before the glorious Qtuner and BKP pickup upgrade.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Last edited by SYLrules88 at Nov 20, 2014,
Can't believe my luck. I went on to the Rondo site with the intention of buying the 3010 in HSBF. It just looked to have better hardware all around and I really preferred the color over the root beer for the 2000 on sale. I decided to check the blowout page one more time jut to make sure. And what do I find? A B stock 3001 with a case for less than the new price of a 3010! Only $299. Well, I picked it up right away. The chips in the finish won't bother me at all. I'll just put a decal or some tape with some smart ass wording on it. Gives the guitar character. Anyway, I wouldn't have ever known about Agile without this forum so thanks. Espcially dspellman for all your detailed info on the brand. Now I just have to wait!!
nice! I also snagged mine for $299 and a few days after I pulled the trigger, it went up $100. it plays way better than what I paid for it.

agile does a lovely rootbeer finish. be sure and generously post pictures when it arrives!

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Quote by SYLrules88
nice! I also snagged mine for $299 and a few days after I pulled the trigger, it went up $100. it plays way better than what I paid for it.

agile does a lovely rootbeer finish. be sure and generously post pictures when it arrives!

Sweet!
Quote by !..!_Rock_!..!
Wait. How do you know they aren't gonna make the AL2000s anymore?

Rondomusic sent an email stating that they were discontinuing all AL 2000 and 3010SE models.