Not saying these guys are the best or whatever, but if you had to choose between the 3 who would you choose? Its hard for me to say because they all have so many great attributes but I think GIlmour is the most well rounded but its really hard to say
All of the above. Gilmour is the most lyrical, Jimi is the most experimental, and Page is the most familiar to the ear. All great players who brought a lot to rock music.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Hendrix, it was a tough competition between Hendrix and Gilmour.
Last edited by Rensa at Nov 21, 2014,
definitely not page, can't choose beyond that.
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Stop making my head hurt.
Main Rig:

Rickenbacker 360/12

Vox AC-15

Fender Twin Reverb

Boss CS-3
Billy Duffy.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
all three are great and have different styles and strengths so it's a tough choice. of the 3 Hendrix is my favorite but I have taken things from both Page and Gilmour for my own playing as well.
Jimi was a genius and Gilmour came immediately after him. There's a big difference.
Anyway, this my Jimi's tribute demo and it was a lot of fun to make it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lukas Green
My Youtube Channel
Last edited by G_Balia2014 at Dec 17, 2014,
The only thing these three have in common is that they were unique. They created their own styles of playing. If you played 100 assorted audio clips of these three I'll bet most if not all of the guitar players who have been playing for more than 25-30 years will be able to identify which of the three is playing each clip. Their sound, feel and technique are that unique. I can't say that about many players these days. There are a lot of truly great players around today but not too many pioneers that sound distinct unto themselves.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Dec 18, 2014,
I'll take all three please I would say they all had a lifetime of things for people to enjoy.

I'm still vampiring of all three.
You're asking us to pick amongst three rock gods. haha, I'd probably prefer Jimi but it's really close.
Both Gilmour and Paige were influenced by Hendrix. If I had to choose 1 of the 3, I'd have to go with Gilmour. He has/had the blues chops, he wasn't afraid to take risks, be experimental and there is so much soul in his playing. His bends and use of tremolo conveyed so much emotion.