Hello guys, I have a Ibanez mtm10, which has a fx-edge 3 bridge in it with no whammy. I really want a whammy, is there any options I have to Maybe change the bridge? Will any bridge with a whammy fit in my guitar without drilling and creating cavities and all that? Thanks !
If the bridge is not a tremolo then yes you will have to do some routing to make any trem work (unless it is something like a Bigsby)
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Buy another guitar. You will need to do massive amounts of routing to make the swap. Unless, yeah, you find a surface mount trem like a bigsby or the surface mount fender trems. Good luck on that, though. Pretty sure bigsby doesnt make an 8 string bridge.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Quote by ryanbwags
Buy another guitar. You will need to do massive amounts of routing to make the swap. Unless, yeah, you find a surface mount trem like a bigsby or the surface mount fender trems. Good luck on that, though. Pretty sure bigsby doesnt make an 8 string bridge.

Your probably right, They do/did make a 7 string version though
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by ryanbwags

This.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by Tony Done
This is a bit OT, but I''m wondering how much advantage there is in a complicated arrangement of locking nut and fine-tuning bridge on a hardtail. It looks like overkill to me, but there again I don't play the kind of music that those guitars are designed for.

It's actually a very good idea.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee