I'll get straight to the point.
Is there a way to switch between my amp's preamp and a modeled amp on the POD with one button? Currently I have to stomp off the FX loop(removing my amp's preamp) and stomp on the modeled amp.
I'm using the 4 cable method and I'd like to be able to switch from my amp's distortion to a clean model with one button.
I have a 6505+ and I love the distortion from that, but I'd like to use a nice modeled clean channel.
Thanks in advance.
If you have the FX loop on on your dirty patch, you should be able to just have the loop programed to off on your clean patch, no?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I don't want the modeled clean along with my amp's preamp. When I turn off the FX loop on the POD, I still have to turn on the clean model. I was just wondering if there was a way to program this into 1 button.
I know can always create a totally new patch with the clean model, but I like having all 8 pedals as on/off for my effects. Therefore I can't use the A/B/C/D buttons to switch patches. Or can I?
I was trying to get everything I want on one patch, but maybe I just need a few patches instead.
All suggestions are welcome.
Oh, I see.

If you're using a footswitch to turn off the loop/turn on the model anyway, then it's really a no brainer to just set up 2 different patches, no?

I only allocate the top 4 buttons on mine for FX toggling and have the bottom 4 for different patches, so I couldn't understand the issue before.

With a dirty patch and a clean patch, you still have 6 FX to toggle. Do you need more than that to be actively toggled on and off?

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Yeah I'm starting to think another patch is in order. I just wondered if there was a way to do what I was wanting.
Thanks for the replies.
Actually there should be.

Holding down the Enter button lets you assign what switches toggle what in your patch. You can set your FX loop and your clean model to the same switch. Have you tried that?

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X