Hi,

I usually practice guitar part of a song by playing the backing track in slow speed and do it over and over.

I usually use tape deck in Guitar Rig to do this. I wonder if there is a standalone program that I can use specifically to do this. Any idea?
I think what most people on here use (myself included) is amazing slow downer. I like it because you can slow it down a lot without changing the pitch. Another good one is audacity. Check those out.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
VLC Media Player, but past if you're going to play at slower than 0.7x, then you'll have some issues with the sound. I figure they'd all do this given the limitations of audio files, I'm going to defer to the others if anyone has a solution to that. I'm interested in this, also.
Quote by jerrykramskoy
This site sells an excellent tool that does exactly what you want.

http://www.seventhstring.com/

Ohhhhh, I'm very impressed by this one, this is actually the first one of these programs I've seen that's available for Linux! I lost the use of ASD when I moved to Linux full-time just around this time last year...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by the_bi99man
Windows Media Player does it just fine.

Sounds like butts below about 50% though, nowhere near enough range for properly effective transcription. Also, it's still a media player at heart so it doesn't have section-based looping (at least as far as I'm aware), so for learning those short, tough sections it's all but useless.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Sounds like butts below about 50% though, nowhere near enough range for properly effective transcription. Also, it's still a media player at heart so it doesn't have section-based looping (at least as far as I'm aware), so for learning those short, tough sections it's all but useless.

Yeah, any time I need to really get down on learning small sections I just load the MP3 player into fruity loops and do whatever the hell I want with it.