Hello, about 2 years ago i found out i was allergic to nickel. And as many of you know most guitar strings are made of nickel. I made this thread to see if anyone has any solutions to this problem, and to also let people know what I've experienced so far.

Alternatives:

Acoustic strings (phosphor bronze)
Cobalt (ernie ball)
Steel (blue steel)

Did not work:
Coated strings (elixr)
Painted/colored strings (DR)

I have found that cobalt doesnt bend as naturally as nickel wound and is pretty pricey. Also a little to warm for me. Steel strings play the same way but slightly less expensive. Both coated and painted strings made me out severely.

Hoping to hear some suggestions and also hope this helps someone
Quote by BrokenDstring
Just smear poo all over everything he owns. Trade him for a fake les paul. Turtle his backpack. Bang his friends.

THIS IS WHAT THE PIT IS. RETARDED THREADS. ALL DAY, EVERY GOD DAMN DAY.
Use steel strings and if you have the money get steel frets as well.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Pretty sure one of the guitarists from In Flames has a nickel allergy too. Check out what he uses to help
Björn Gelotte. All I know is that he has custom made coated strings from Dunlop.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Use stainless steel strings that are certified by the manufacturer to not contain nickel. Get your guitars refretted with stainless. Do this before you develop horrible eczema all over your hands.
For some reason i do not react to the nickel alloy used in frets. My custom build will have ss frets though for sure. Ill look into the dunlop strings though
Quote by BrokenDstring
Just smear poo all over everything he owns. Trade him for a fake les paul. Turtle his backpack. Bang his friends.

THIS IS WHAT THE PIT IS. RETARDED THREADS. ALL DAY, EVERY GOD DAMN DAY.