How do young inexperienced guitarists find lessons from world class guitarists? Like Kirk Hammett being taught by Joe Satriani. I'm a young guitarist with a lot of commitment just like many other young guitarists out there and I want a really good teacher to teach me the secrets of guitar. How does one go about getting an exceptional guitar teacher?
Kirk most likely had lessons with Joe prior to 1988. Before then he was just a local guitar teacher.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Just watch Justin guitar videos and marty schwartz.and just practice.where do You live??
Quote by AlanHB
Kirk most likely had lessons with Joe prior to 1988. Before then he was just a local guitar teacher.

Exactly, jobbing around giving lessons is what they did to pay the bills before they became "world class". That's not to say they weren't already great players, but referring to someone as world class implies some degree of recognition or fame, and famous guitarists are too busy recording and touring to give lessons, also they don't need the money.

Rick Graham's an exceptional guitarist who teaches in my town, but if he gets a decent touring gig then he'll likely have to knock the one-on-one lessons on the head simply because he won't have the time.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by zack.samford
How do young inexperienced guitarists find lessons from world class guitarists? Like Kirk Hammett being taught by Joe Satriani. I'm a young guitarist with a lot of commitment just like many other young guitarists out there and I want a really good teacher to teach me the secrets of guitar. How does one go about getting an exceptional guitar teacher?

Lol, there are no secrets. But finding a good guitarist to teach you certainly can help. You need to search in your community. A really good guitarist will either be incredibly expensive, or will want to be a mentor to you specifically because of what they see in you.

I'd say start with what you can find where you live. Look for the best guitarists you can find. There are some good professional guitarists out there in any major city.

But being taught by Some great guitarist won't necessarily make you great. You need hard work and something special about yourself that you express in your art.

But someone highly skilled and highly experience in a style you are interested in, can certainly impart a lot of wisdom to you.
Also it's important to bear in mind that just because somebody's a great player doesn't necessarily mean they'll be a great teacher.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by zack.samford

Most guitar teachers are going to be good enough to teach you. Don't get hung up on stories about what famous person taught another…… that stuff looks good in an article, but it happens by chance. Go to local store, take some lessons. If you're getting something out of it, keep going, if not find another teacher. And you might be studying with the next Satriani….. or the Satriani that wasn't lucky enough to make it big but is still an awesome teacher/player.

The real secret to guitar is that you have to play often and for a decent amount of time before you get good.
shred is gaudy music
do some research on your teacher if possible..like anything else there are good and then there are just ok..try to find someone that "speaks" to .. that can inspire you..and be prepared to work hard..the best teacher cannot make you a good player..you have to work hard at it..

I was fortunate and studied with a great teacher for 2 years..and even today I am still "learning" what he taught me..

key point..the learning process is a life long thing..so don't expect to "get it" in a short amount of time..

play well

wolf