ESP LTD MH-1000FR
Vintage VRS100

Amps
Randall RH150G3 (and 412 cab)
Kustom RC30
Line 6 POD HD500
He means the genre 'contemporary music'
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Isn't it normally called Contemporary Classical though? Not just Contemporary?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Steve Reich and Charlemagne Palestine come to mind.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
I was kidding with my post, cos contemporary music is such a general and vague thing
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
I was thinking about the experience of contemporary art music today and I had an interesting (to me) thought.

/start rambling

First of all, it's a very localized experience right? Like there are very few if any truly global contemporary composers or artists (probably in part because posterity is the artist's friend). Pieces are often not recorded and when they are they're not widely disseminated, so your experience of art music is usually limited to just what's available locally in your arts scene. That's very dependent on the tastes of arts organizers in your area and what their connections are. The extension of that is contemporary music being pretty unique in its 'liveness' as it typically doesn't exist in any other form other than the live concert (again, recordings aren't widely heard, it's not financially feasible to publish scores anymore, etc.). This makes it truly contemporary as it only exists in moment and you probably won't hear any given piece again. I mean, many pieces get a world premiere and are rarely, if ever, performed again.

/end rambling