Hey all

I'm busy refurbishing my Teisco guitar that I bought a few weeks back. I removed the entire pickguard to remove all the dirt and dust underneath and found a loose wire.

Here's a pic:

It's the green wire with a few black markings on it. It's attached at one end to the volume pot.

Can anyone advise me as to where to connect it?

Thanks!
That is a ground wire. It should be soldered to the metal plate in the guitar cavity or perhaps the bridge and it ties all metal to ground.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Cajundaddy I think you may be right, when I lifted the pickguard up, the end of this wire was squeezed under the bridge, not soldered. I'll solder it there and set it in.

Although, would it work fine as well if I solder it to the top of the tone pot? It's attached at the one end to the volume pot.

Thanks for the feedback!
The white wire is the ground connecting vol pot, tone pot, and input jack so adding the ground wire again would gain nothing. Grounding your bridge effectively grounds your strings. I like that plan better. More safety, less hum.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Great! I'll work on it in the morning. Will try take pictures of the finished guitar.

Thanks!
Quote by Cajundaddy
The white wire is the ground connecting vol pot, tone pot, and input jack so adding the ground wire again would gain nothing. Grounding your bridge effectively grounds your strings. I like that plan better. More safety, less hum.

^ If I had not been up way too many hours, I would have said this. I agree.