I have been practicing lately with my Iphone earbuds in my ears playing music I'm learning with over the ear headphones on over the buds, with my guitar coming through them.
Doing this I can adjust the volume levels on both and it works pretty good.
BUT, there has to be a better way these days with all the gizmos out there, and I have many of them only not something for this, at least I don't think so.

Just headphones that would have two (2) inputs would work if there is such a thing. Anyone conquer this situation without spending a fortune or have some suggestions.
Thanks for your input, JR..
I use a Pod Studio to run my guitar into the computer and then you can play along with anything you want - Youtube, the stuff you've downloaded, or anything you put in your DAW. There are cheaper gadgets to get your guitar sound into your computer of course.
What are you playing through. I think if an amp/multi-FX has a headphone out, it usually also has an Aux in. Plug the iPhone into the Aux in and you can control the volume of the song with the volume control of your iPhone.

I'm pretty sure this kind of 2 male to 1 female jacks exist. But I think the simpler solution would be to plug the iPhone into the Aux in (which will leave the song unaffected if you are using any effects).
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
^This.

What kind of gear are you using? As MaggaraMarine pointed out many amps have an auxillary in that you can plug your ipod into and control the volume through your ipod and the volume of the guitar through the amp settings.

As Jack_Strat mentioned if you have an interface that lets you play through your computer you should be able to achieve this pretty easily. Any DAW would allow you to mix multiple inputs and control the audio independently of each other. The benefit of course is that you can also record your guitar track on it's own so that you can listen back later with or without the backing and isolate any mistakes that the backing track might be covering up.

Otherwise what you are looking for are these...

http://www.amazon.com/Cable-Showcase-6-Inch-Stereo-30S1-35260/dp/B000I98ZYG
http://www.amazon.com/CablesOnline-2-Male-Stereo-Female-AV-J00/dp/B00EHZ3MQS
Si