Am I correct in thinking every Tab Pro is just a duplicate of the guitar-pro files (accessed via the tab pro paid-app), and they are given an automatic/fake 5-star review/rating, to trick people into paying for tab pro because the user will think it's a it's a better/different tab to the other existing guitar-pro one?

If so, does the UG admin have some kind of ethical view on this where they think it's somehow acceptable?
There are no ethics involved. When you submit a tab to UG, it becomes theirs. It's in the user agreement. They can use it however they like.

And yes, all of them have automatic 5-star ratings. I never thought it was nefarious in any way. Everything's a conspiracy these days though, so who knows?.

They're usually 5 star GP tabs anyway, and the GP tabs are still available for free. So basically you either pay for GP or subscribe to Tab Pro to get these tabs. It's costing you money either way, so you pick your poison.
You don't think abusing the "viewer-rating" system for financial gain - tricking the user, is wrong?

There is also TuxGuitar for GP files.

Has anybody ever uploaded a Tab Pro file?

The absolute worst complete waste-of-time zero-correct notes tab, uploaded as a Guitar Pro file, will show up alongside as a 5-star rated (by who???) Tab Pro file that the user has to pay to view? and then they find out it's garbage.

All of the above is true, and you don't see anything wrong with that?
Last edited by cssnetworks at Nov 22, 2014,
Quote by mjones1992

They're usually 5 star GP tabs anyway, and the GP tabs are still available for free.

What?? are you saying that all the GP tabs are 5 star, or are you saying that the fake reviews are only usually applied to clones of 5-star rated GP tabs?

Both of which, as you know, are completely untrue.
Oh man. Butt hurt much? Feeling entitled?

Learn English. You clearly skimmed what I said and went 'Hulk Smash' on your keyboard.

You seem to be missing the point. I'll reword it again: It's UG's website. When you submit a tab, it becomes the property of UG to use as they please. If that means making it into a Tab Pro file and charging a monthly fee for Tab Pro? So be it. It's a service they offer. You agreed to these terms when you submitted a tab. So did I. So did everyone that submitted one.

UG generally (key work 'generally', I know you're going to **** that one up like the word 'usually') chooses the best out of it's bank of user-submitted GP files to make into a Tab Pro file. Yes, it gets a 5 star rating, but UG hosts the file. They pay their own monthly fees and employees to keep this website running. They can rate it however they like. They can charge what they like. They own all of it

There are no 'ethics' or anything behind this. If you don't like 'the system' or you think it's unfair, that's your problem. Go make your own tab website and you can make it all free (except for yourself. You'll still be paying lol)

The existence of TuxGuitar is a moot point. I was comparing Tab Pro to Guitar Pro. Both cost money. Both do the same thing. TuxGuitar does it for free. Good for them.

This is how UG does it. They have to make money. If you paid for it and you're upset about it? That's your fault for spending money without researching what it was you were paying for. If other users do this? That's their own damn fault too. You don't order a guitar or buy an amp without doing research (and if you have, you know why that's a bad idea).

Take the same logic into other areas of your life: Don't buy/subscribe to/sign shit before you know what it is and what to expect...

Common sense man.
Last edited by mjones1992 at Nov 22, 2014,
Guys, there is no fake ratings about tab pro. Our tab pro system plays the highest rated guitar pro tabs that added to the archive and the ratings of the source gp tabs show up in tab pro pages. e.g check this out:
Existing At War With Reality guitar pros tab by At The Gates:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/search.php?view_state=advanced&band_name=At+The+Gates&song_name=At+War+With+Reality&type[]=500&version_la=

There are already three gp tabs for this song, but the tab pro system automatically plays the highst rated one and shows its rating.
Quote by zappp
emad I'm gonna ban you, seriously.
OP just needs to suck it up, but for the benefit of emad, purely out of principle I'll point out the "issue":
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/search.php?view_state=advanced&band_name=judas+priest&song_name=worth+fighting+for&type%5B%5D=500&version_la=
Notice how all three GP tabs are below five stars, while the tab pro one - the same tabs, of course - is displayed here as 5 stars. Fake ratings
Still, it's not like people weren't aware of it already. Do what you have to to push tab pro, it can be pretty useful at times.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
OP just needs to suck it up, but for the benefit of emad, purely out of principle I'll point out the "issue":
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/search.php?view_state=advanced&band_name=judas+priest&song_name=worth+fighting+for&type%5B%5D=500&version_la=
Notice how all three GP tabs are below five stars, while the tab pro one - the same tabs, of course - is displayed here as 5 stars. Fake ratings
Still, it's not like people weren't aware of it already. Do what you have to to push tab pro, it can be pretty useful at times.

Yup. You're the only person here who gets it.

I'm not directly bothered - I have TuxGuitar.

It's just dishonest that's all.
Last edited by cssnetworks at Nov 23, 2014,
Quote by emad
Guys, there is no fake ratings about tab pro. Our tab pro system plays the highest rated guitar pro tabs that added to the archive and the ratings of the source gp tabs show up in tab pro pages. e.g check this out:
Existing At War With Reality guitar pros tab by At The Gates:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/search.php?view_state=advanced&band_name=At+The+Gates&song_name=At+War+With+Reality&type[]=500&version_la=

There are already three gp tabs for this song, but the tab pro system automatically plays the highst rated one and shows its rating.

I find it hard to believe that you really don't get what I, and the chap above, are saying?

Are you lying or are you just not very well informed of your own system/practices?

Like I said, just dishonest that's all.
Tab Pro looks great and could be sold on its actual benefits, without the need for sly tactics like fake ratings.
Quote by emad
@ K33nbl4d3
You definitely didn't click on the tab pro link, did you?
http://plus.ultimate-guitar.com/j/judas_priest/worth_fighting_for_tab_online.html

I think you already know that we are talking about this:

Nobody has rated that Tab Pro file as 5-star. The Guitar-Pro file that it is cloned from was only 3 star rated. It would be the same if the original Guitar Pro file had no rating at all.

It's a trick to make somebody think it's a higher quality tab than the other one.

I really don't need to keep trying to explain this to you do I?
Last edited by cssnetworks at Nov 23, 2014,
Quote by emad
@ K33nbl4d3
You definitely didn't click on the tab pro link, did you?
http://plus.ultimate-guitar.com/j/judas_priest/worth_fighting_for_tab_online.html

I'm not even criticising. I know you can see the actual ratings if you click the link. And it's okay that you try to trick users into clicking the tab pro link if it means you make more money off it. It's not a big deal so there's no need to go all George-Orwell-character about it.