Hello guys, i have a really important question , it's going to be a fairly long text but i'd be greatful for every opinion and advice. (english is not my native language i hope you don't mind )

The situation
a few year ago the tendons in my left hand were cut off (car accident) i coudn't even lift a finger, after the surgery i was able to move my fingers normally, with 2 little (but for the guitar important things) i can't bend my hand in the right way, it's only maybe 1/3 less than before, it makes it nearly impossible to play while standing(and my left hand is a little bit slower, but i never wanted to play fast stuff and it's maybe only 10 -15% slower than before) , only if i hold the guitar really high (something like those classical guitarists, only while standing,) but it's ok as long as i sit while playing, the next little problem is my little finger is a little bit stiff, it's too har to hit the E-A string ... basically with 3 fingers is it worth still playing ? i've been playing for 7 months(before the accident), you could still consider me as a newb (advanced noob)

photos of my hand http://postimg.org/gallery/d3613a92/

i don't matter playing while sitting for the rest of my life, im not in a band i don't have to play on gigs, the real problem is my stiff little finger, is it still worth learning and playing it with 3 fingers ? i can use my pinkie for the 3 lower strings,
i want to play grunge/ blues / classic (learning every nirvana song is a must for me )

The question
is this a huge problem ? should a keep on going or trying it out with a guitar for "lefties"
is it really a huge handicap, ofc i like playing but it just makes me mad every time when i have ti you my pinkie, should i switch to the bass guitar ( i used to play the bass before i picked up a guitar) with the bass i think that it is easier to use my pinkie because i don't have to worry about muting the other strings(most of the time)
Yeah, guitar is something that you can spend a lifetime on and still have sooo much to learn. Just keep at it. 7 months is nothing.
Just another Sheep in the design of the Almighty Machine.

-GEAR-
Gibson 60s Les Paul Tribute (Sunburst)
1999 Ibanez RG470 (TitaniumIce-MIJ)
Jackson RR3 (Trans-Red)
Peavey 6505+
Podx3
Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM
sorry to hear that man but don't let it discourage you

plus,

ever heard of django reinhardt?

wow !!! thanks a lot ! never heard of heard of django but after reading this and seeing a guy without a ringfinger playing on youtube, i feel kinda stupid, thanks a lot i wont stop for sure !!!
Personally i would play with it higher up if that helps, and gradually lower it - maybe over the course of a few years.

Don't worry about only 3 fingers either dude, if you go on youtube there are plenty of pinky neglecters out there, only they don't (unlike you) have an excuse for it!
Quote by vidarrt
Personally i would play with it higher up if that helps, and gradually lower it - maybe over the course of a few years.

Don't worry about only 3 fingers either dude, if you go on youtube there are plenty of pinky neglecters out there, only they don't (unlike you) have an excuse for it!

In particular have a look at Django Reinhardt. He was one of the greatest guitarists of all time, and he only had two functional fingers on his fretting hand, index and middle.