depends on what you want phase wise really. EVH used it all over VH1 to give his lead sound a little added touch. steve howe used the phaser to grret effect on the Yes track Starship Troopers. keith Richards on the Stones' Shattered. the phaser is a pretty versatile effect. always have one on my board.
You already have a good idea of using it for rhythm with those examples.. Try it with funk as well, works great for all types of rhythm. It also works great for lead too with some dirt.
Agile Interceptor Pro 725 EB EMG
Gibson LP Future Tribute
G12T-75 4x12 Avatar
Krank Nineteen80-watt
Koch Loadbox
RMC4

Soundcloud
Straship Troopers is a flanger isn't it?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
VH 1 has a bunch
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Last edited by dementiacaptain at Nov 22, 2014,
any clash, really. and a lot of muse.

Quote by Rensa
My phaser is on it's way and im looking for good examples for the use of a phaser.
Something where it just fits and isn't annoying. These are some examples i came up with.

Pink Floyd - Breathe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d2RLI9Wal0

1:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gkp05lmogIM

neither of those are phaser. the first is univibe, and the second is through-zero flange.
Quote by TheStig1214
3:04 in this song, but I recommend listening to the whole thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VufilzHKTqk

Always liked that one.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Gold dust woman.
Mesa Boogie Single Rectoverb 50 series 2 combo
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
Quote by Cathbard
Straship Troopers is a flanger isn't it?

clean parts are phaser.
Quote by NakedInTheRain
any clash, really. and a lot of muse.

neither of those are phaser. the first is univibe, and the second is through-zero flange.

PF definitely not phaser. keep in mind that the phase pedal wasn't introduced until late '74. prior to that it was a studio trick that got occasional use (Hendrix axis bold as love album, Small Faces itchycoo park), flanging was the same deal.
Quote by monwobobbo
PF definitely not phaser. keep in mind that the phase pedal wasn't introduced until late '74. prior to that it was a studio trick that got occasional use (Hendrix axis bold as love album, Small Faces itchycoo park), flanging was the same deal.

Oh.. never knew that! Thanks!
I use phaser in three ways.

my favorite way is to play clean riffs with a slow phaser and a digital delay set at about 400ms and repeats 3-4 times. usually i play this way when the rest of the band is not playing such as guitar intros or bridge sections of the songs.

i use is with distortion and delay to cheat a wah as i dont like rocking my foot to get the way. it is not a wah but generates a nice filter effect during solos.

the other way is use it on its own to generate movement in the song.
There's phaser on Anarchy?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I'll check it out. My band actually plays Anarchy at times - except that we use slide guitar. I've never noticed phaser on there. I'll pay closer attention.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification