alright guys, after my last post I realized that the Marshall mg50cfx I bought back in the summer is shit. so now Christmas is coming up and I'm possibly on the market for a new one. here's the challenge.

Around $500 cash. if needed, possibly trading in the amp I currently have to go with it
mostly metal, specifically dime and zakk wylde
would like new but not opposed to used if good condition
playing at home
small shop in my home town. but the closest guitar center is about 2 and a half hours. not against driving to it.
current gear stated in sig

if you could, throw in your input. it would be greatly appreciated. I would like a head and cab setup instead of a combo. do your magic boys
Dean ML 79 Floyd
Epiphone Zakk Wylde Les Paul Custom
Marshall MG50CFX
Randall Rg3003h
Randall Rg412
Last edited by twc1370 at Nov 23, 2014,
I'm not really a metal fan and only chiming in cause I'm bored at work but...a Peavey Tube Vyper or 6505 may work well for you. But to my ears, Wyld's tone seems a bit Marshally, maybe a Valveking(one of the newer versions) or an Egnater Rebel or a Marshall Class 5 with a pedal for the hefty stuff. Maybe a Jet City?
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Dime was known for RG100ES'

Zakk a marshall stack likely JCM100, but IIRC he has a signature marshall.

they really don't overlap in tone at all/

maybe the jet city could be a good middle ground?

JSX's are nice you can find them used in a 2x12" combo for $500.

in MY opinion, i don't really think you could get good half/quarter stack until the $1000 area. my.02 and in most cases.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/