i really i am not sure if it does for what i have.

i am using reaper for a DAW
Focusrite 2i4
Korg micro korg synth
nice digital piano that has midi.( i don't use it though, i have a beautiful upright for piano.

i have rocket 6's IIRC (i know they aren't the best but for two for $150 open box at GC on clearance).

so basically what do i have and would it be worth doing anything this? i like the microkorg a lot and am content as well. but can i do more?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
You edited that and cut out all the actual info didn't you? Wanna try again.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
You can do lotsa stuff with that setup.

What is that you would wanna do exactly though?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I want you to slow down and read what you typed.
No one has any idea what you're trying to convey.
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
are you trying to get an idea of what midi can do for you, or do you have something in mind already?

midi is a protocol that allows equipment to talk to each other. i believe it was originally used for communicating information so something like a button or wheel on one keyboard could control the parameters on another piece of equipment. it can also communicate note and duration (among many other parameters now), so it can map a song or control a virtual instrument. modern midi applications include sending signals to all kinds of equipment to control lights, trigger samples, switch amp channels, etc.

so you have to have some idea of what you want to do with midi if you want some advice on it.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
^

Quote by trashedlostfdup
i really i am not sure if it does for what i have.

i am using reaper for a DAW
Focusrite 2i4
Korg micro korg synth
nice digital piano that has midi.( i don't use it though, i have a beautiful upright for piano.

i have rocket 6's IIRC (i know they aren't the best but for two for $150 open box at GC on clearance).

so basically what do i have and would it be worth doing anything this? i like the microkorg a lot and am content as well. but can i do more?

o_0 Try again?
Quote by Kyleisthename
I want you to slow down and read what you typed.
No one has any idea what you're trying to convey.

sorry everyone, i don't really know what i was thinking, apologise. i was running out of the door and tried to get some ideas.

i will start from the beginning.

i listed everything that i have with midi capabilities.

here are the questions i should have typed out.

what are some ways that i can get them to work together?
what are possibilities.

for example one thing i would love would like to be able to use a keyboard for drums in Reaper (through the 2i4 focusrite interface)?

i really don't know.
i have looked around the net and don't know if i have all i need or what do i need or could benefit me. i know thats a bad excuse

gumbi

are you trying to get an idea of what midi can do for you, or do you have something in mind already?

midi is a protocol that allows equipment to talk to each other. i believe it was originally used for communicating information so something like a button or wheel on one keyboard could control the parameters on another piece of equipment. it can also communicate note and duration (among many other parameters now), so it can map a song or control a virtual instrument. modern midi applications include sending signals to all kinds of equipment to control lights, trigger samples, switch amp channels, etc.

so you have to have some idea of what you want to do with midi if you want some advice on it

basically yes. i want to know what it possible with it and if it is for me.

again i apologize for the first post.

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Well, you could drive the micro synth with the digital piano, allowing for a full sized keyboard. Just MIDI out on the piano into MIDI in on the microsynth. Set them up on the same channel and it should pretty much just work.
Or you could take the MIDI out into the pc and redirect it wherever you want it to go.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Some nice vst soft synths out there so you can probably expand your sonic capabilities in the DAW as well.

You just have to read up on midi, plenty of explanations online, there are some books as well that are offered to recording engineers' curriculum.
Quote by diabolical
Some nice vst soft synths out there so you can probably expand your sonic capabilities in the DAW as well.

You just have to read up on midi, plenty of explanations online, there are some books as well that are offered to recording engineers' curriculum.

could you name one or two?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
I'll have to look up what I have, these I can think of...

Book:

http://www.amazon.com/Basic-MIDI-Music-Technology-Series/dp/1860742629/ref=pd_sim_b_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=15183ZQJK1VE8GT23VFR

http://glenstegner.com/softsynths.html

minmoqueVA is another one, can't find link, maybe this
http://www.vstplanet.com/News/10/MinimogueVA_v2.3.htm

kontakt free is also not bad by NI.
pretty much control options are the only thing open for you, you can get really creative with midi so i can't make an exhaustive list of the options available. the big ones have already been hit on by cath and diabolical: using the larger digital keyboard to control either your microkorg or some software.

remember, you can usually also route controls to control parameters and not just the keys to control notes. you can get pretty creative and route multiple parameters to individual controls.

for example, if you have a software instrument controlled by a digital keyboard then you can probably do something like route a low pass filter's cutoff and feedback controls to a control wheel or knob and control both parameters with one control (complete with customized range and polarity). depending on you DAW you may also be able to control other separate plug-in effects as well as the instrument (all at the same time).

you can get pretty creative.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae