So what's the deal with this Randall 667? Is it like a Randall Thrasher with a bunch more channels or is it it's own thing? Thrashers sound amazing so I was wondering how it compares.
No, it's not like a Thrasher. Biggest differece that comes to my mind is 667 not having separate low and high frequency gain knobs which are specific for the Thrasher and other amps (Satan for example) that basically were designed after Fortin Natas (Mike Fortin is now the amp designer for Randall).

I haven't tried 667, but I'm still very sure it's killer amp. However, the question to ask yourself is: do you really need so much channels and modes and switches and everything? How much of it's versatility would you really use?
Quote by JackovSlayer
No, it's not like a Thrasher. Biggest differece that comes to my mind is 667 not having separate low and high frequency gain knobs which are specific for the Thrasher and other amps (Satan for example) that basically were designed after Fortin Natas (Mike Fortin is now the amp designer for Randall).

I haven't tried 667, but I'm still very sure it's killer amp. However, the question to ask yourself is: do you really need so much channels and modes and switches and everything? How much of it's versatility would you really use?

Ok, that makes sense.

Honestly I only see myself needing two channels, a good clean and high gain. I think the 667 would be far too complicated for someone like me who spends more time playing than trying to get a good tone and frankly it seems kind of gimmicky to me. I was just curious about what it was and how it compared to the thrasher since there doesn't seem to be too much info on it.

The Thrasher remains my dream amp.
Well, if you need just two channels, good clean and good high gain, it's not strange that Thrasher is your dream amp haha. As far as I know it has both.

It's true that there are not lots of info about these newer Randall amps, but they are still relatively new and lots of people are still waiting to try them. BTW, I have Randall Diavlo 20, it's one of newer Randalls and it's a very nice amp for not a lot of money.