hey guys I want to swap the stock pickups in my ibanez s series 570dxqm with some dimarzio liquifire(Neck) and crunchlab(bridge) and a lace sensor gold for the centre.

the configuration is a 1 tone 1 volume and a 5pos switch

I want to wire the pickups so that
pos-1 neck humbucker
pos 2 neck single coil only
pos 3 middle pickup only
pos 4 bridge single coil only
pos 5 bridge humbucker.

anyone know how to do this? or has a wiring diagram for it?
thanks in advance.
do you have a super 5 way selector or regular
or does your guitar have a coiltap

(super 5 way selector has 25 contacts - normal 5 way has 7 or 8 depending on model)

the super 5 way selector go with guitarelectronics "dot" com and this diagram. This is one way of going about it.

with coiltaps you can do this two ways
regular coiltaps the buzzing kind
series / parallel wiring which has no buzz. This you need two push pulls for. One per pickup.

on this diagram just pay attention to the 6 contacts on the push pull you can add these anywhere.
http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=1hum_1vol_1tone_split

for fun though ever try out of phase wiring?
switch a ground and the hot lead on the middle pickup. Position 2 and 4 have this quack like tone that is similar to a telecaster.
Last edited by Tallwood13 at Nov 23, 2014,
Quote by Tallwood13

(super 5 way selector has 25 contacts - normal 5 way has 7 or 8 depending on model)

the super 5 way selector go with guitarelectronics "dot" com and this diagram. This is one way of going about it.

series / parallel wiring which has no buzz. This you need two push pulls for. One per pickup.

on this diagram just pay attention to the 6 contacts on the push pull you can add these anywhere.
http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=1hum_1vol_1tone_split

switch a ground and the hot lead on the middle pickup. Position 2 and 4 have this quack like tone that is similar to a telecaster.

at the moment the guitar its fitted the stock ibanez 5point switch and both volume and tone pots are alpha 500kΩ(no push/pull), i had thought about the out of phase options but ended up taking them of the list due to the size of the control cavity of s series body which also prevents me from installing a super switch without doing any routing.
so the idea would be to have the five positions i listed above only.
thanks for the response though i might just adapt that to another guitar!
Last edited by Marcoluzzatto at Nov 24, 2014,
Quote by Tallwood13

In the middle position, are they the inner or outer coils? is there a way to put the outer coils together? thanks.