Hey guys,
If your friend asked you what "red" electric guitar he/she should get, what would you tell them if:
They were a:
  • Beginner guitarist
  • Average guitarist
  • Super rich person

Thanks
Nothing because I've never noticed any class-based taste for colour (other than white huehuehue) nor any subtle connotations present in a person of X level of wealth wanting a more personalised guitar

EDIT: oh, what would I /tell/ them? Nothing. Why would I?
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Nov 23, 2014,
The question makes no sense. Can you help us understand what exactly you're trying to figure out?
the colour 'red' is anything but specific.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
I mean, If they really really liked red and wanted to buy a red electric guitar, but didnt know what was good.
Quote by BencySpency
I mean, If they really really liked red and wanted to buy a red electric guitar, but didnt know what was good.

Then it's in their interest to find out what is good for them.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
If all I knew about them was they liked red and wanted a red guitar...
If they were one of the first two, I'd say "brace yourself", and then slap some sense into them.

If they were super rich(and I thought they were a dick), I'd sell them my red Jackson SL2 for several times what I paid for it.
color aside which means nothing, what kind of music does he play?
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Quote by BencySpency

If they were either a beginner guitarist or rich person:

If someone who was actually my friend asked this question I would explain to them why it's a dumb question and what would be a better set of questions for them to ask before either: taking them to my house so they could try a couple of my guitars in a friendly controlled environment; or taking them to a guitar shop to try a few out if they're comfy with it because a shop has more variety. If they weren't actually my friend then they're not getting to my house, ever.

If they're an average guitarist... they should know better. I wouldn't answer the question in a serious way at all. In fact I would probably laugh at them.

Now, stop dancing around the actual problem here:

What do you actually want to know?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Last edited by Zaphod_Beeblebr at Nov 23, 2014,
Quote by BencySpency
Hey guys,
If your friend asked you what "red" electric guitar he/she should get, what would you tell them if:
They were a:
  • Beginner guitarist
  • Average guitarist
  • Super rich person

Thanks

Well, that's perfectly obvious.

A beginner guitarist would automatically get the red Hadean EG-462 MRD (currently on sale for $59.95).

The average guitarist (let's make assumptions, here about whatever BencySpency might consider "average") would get the Ferrari Red Carvin DC-127.

The Super Rich person would buy whatever he/she liked and have Miley Cyrus use the upper cutaway horn as a wrecking ball after which she would deliver it to his/her residence in Dubai.
Quote by BencySpency
Hey guys,
They were a:
  • Beginner guitarist
  • Average guitarist
  • Super rich person

Thanks

1. Squier/Fender Strat
2. Heritage Cherry SG (if $1400 is considered average?)
3. Wine Red Les Paul Custom

I like red but not usually on guitars. I feel like Gibson has it locked down though on red guitars. No other brand gets it right for me
Quote by BencySpency
Hey guys,
They were a:
  • Beginner guitarist
  • Average guitarist
  • Super rich person

Thanks

1. Yamaha Pacifica 112V
2. PRS SE Custom 24
3. PRS Santana Signature

HTH
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
Ferrari.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.