Hey. Unfortunately, the dreaded happened. My first challenge as a guitar owner/caregiver has showed its hideous face.

Before I get too into the post, I'd like to point out that as a guitar owner, I want to try fixing my own guitar, instead of having to pay a pretty penny for someone to do it for me. After all, we've finished our first performance together, and I've kinda grown attached to it. I want to treat it like its family and take care of it however I can.

Now, onto the question.

The problem I'm facing looks like an incredibly simple fix. Here's some photo's of the problem: (courtesy of my mothers HTC Android)

PickupHanging by MacGyver1394, on Flickr

Bottom by MacGyver1394, on Flickr

The part of the pickup where you plug in a cable for an amp or for recording is hanging out of the bottom of the guitar. It still works fine. There's no problem with the pickups ability to record. I can still stick it back in the hole, but it doesn't stay. Is there something I can do to get it to stay in? Thanks a bunch.

PS: If it really is more complicated than it appears, please elaborate because I've only had my own real guitar for a little over a week, and so I'm still technically new.
Last edited by ianhulett at Nov 23, 2014,
My only suggestion would be to get some araldite (really strong stuff) and glue it back in. Sets hard as rock and you shouldn't ever have that issue again.
Araldite would certainly fix it, but it would make any future repairs difficult and potentially costly.

It looks like it was a simple friction fit. -The socket barrel doesn't seem to be threaded to take a nut or to screw into the wood. You could wedge it in using a bit of paper as a shim ( a common fix for loose friction-fit endpins), but that has an element of risk if you use a strap. If it were mine, and I didn't DIY, I would just take it to the local repair shop and get a half-decent endpin socket fitted.
For a quick fix that's reversible, wrap a layer or more of adhesive PVC tape around the barrel of the jack until you get a good tight fit.

Or, as Tony Done says, fit another jack socket - the ones with a flange secured with 3 small screws would do the job. And it's an easy DIY job - just a couple of wires to solder,