I've been playing guitar for a few years and I want to buy my first tube amp, but I want to buy something under $700. I'm mostly looking for a combo amp with 2 channels. After researching for a while I've found that the Randall RD40C fits my needs more or less, but I can't find many reviews on it (do you have any opinions on it?). I've also checked out the JCA's, but I hate that they either have 2 channels, or reverb. I'd love to hear new suggestions on the subject.

I own an Ibanez RG350EX and I play mostly hard rock, thrash and heavy stuff. Also, I'll spend about 3 and a half months living near Denver (I currently live outside US) from December to March, and I'm planning on buying it there (preferably a new one). Thanks!
well i would say carvin v3m but its not perfectly suited for heavier stuff. it can pull it off acceptably, but for your music which is very sided to heavier genres, i would say you may find it a bit lacking.

marshall JCM 2000 DSL series wouls be great for you. good all arounder, can do acceptable cleans, crunches, dirties, and striaght nasty heavy stuff. really, i am a huge fan of these amps. quality, cheap, and literally can pull off any genre. a used one can be had for about 500-700.

not as flexible - laney IRT studio or the ironheart 60. these amps are almost entirely geared for the brootz. the studio model has almost everything you could want in a flexible amp....except a fender like clean channel. the cleans are not the strong suit. in fact, i think most would tell you they seriously lack hardcore. in most demos of this amp, you may not see the clean tone demonstrated.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Marshall DSL 15 watt might be a good fit, and it's only $500. I own an 18 watt and it's SUPER loud still.
Agile Interceptor Pro 725 EB EMG
Gibson LP Future Tribute
G12T-75 4x12 Avatar
Krank Nineteen80-watt
Koch Loadbox
RMC4

Soundcloud
i wold also consider one of the older version DSL 40 watter i think after 2003 and the not the model when the switched it. nice reasonably priced amp.

i also have an 18 watter i built, but i still put $400-$500 into it after tubes and really good transformers. the are really nice. but ya gotta turn them up!

edit: the 18w price in costs i listed did not have the wood and stain and finish products for the head shell. unless you do it yourself, the shells aren't cheap, espeially if you want a combo.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Nov 23, 2014,
Thanks a lot! I'll look into the Marshalls. By the way, what do you think of the Peavey Valveking II (50w) and the Blackstar HT 40?