Has anybody ever heard of DCA (dichloroacetic acid)--the 'potential' cure for cancer?

3-minute video:
http://youtu.be/tkDIPbAU_nk

This drug has been used for people with rare metabolic conditions and has less side-effects than chemo.

I'm afraid this post can't go on without some kind of implication of conspiracy but it cannot be patented. This basically means that pharmaceutical companies cannot make a profit off of it. Won't say any more.

It has been around for years now and here's a very recent article about it:
http://medicalxpress.com/news/2014-04-dichloroacetate-cancer-treatment.html

Lastly, I want to preface the discussion:
I believe that I have objectively researched this topic. I have looked for both good and bad and have found more good than bad. I have found many articles and peer-reviewed sources that point to DCA being a working treatment for many kinds and stages of cancer.

Please, don't take my word for it. Research it yourself. I encourage you to have your own conclusion. I have no side, I just find the evidence overwhelming but absolutely welcome any counter-evidence.

I sincerely tried to refrain from a 'propagandic' post. I diluted the information because I know I skim long posts.

If you do, by your own conclusions, believe that DCA very well may be a medicinal treatment, please share its information elsewhere for obvious reasons.

Thanks for reading some or all of this. Have you heard of it? Were you aware when it was a huge thing in the media years ago? What are your opinions or findings?
Username is from years ago, just saying
Last edited by ChaozXxX at Nov 23, 2014,
a cure for all cancers or just one? the former i find hard to believe. but any of this is cool
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Not sure about 'all' cancers but I've read testimonials ranging from ademo cancer to liver cancer tumours shrinking and eventually being cured.

Also to touch on more "mainstream" cancers: "Evangelos Michelakis of the University of Alberta in Edmonton, Canada, and his colleagues tested DCA on human cells cultured outside the body and found that it killed lung, breast and brain cancer cells, but not healthy cells. Tumours in rats deliberately infected with human cancer also shrank drastically when they were fed DCA-laced water for several weeks."
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn10971-cheap-safe-drug-kills-most-cancers.html#.VHKakYvF-So
I remember doing some reading on DCA three or four years ago and found testimony from an independent scientific publication stating that DCA hadn't be empirically proven to do anything. I also haven't read up on it since then, so I don't know where it stands currently. That second link in the 3rd post looks interesting.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by ChaozXxX

The first one is interesting, especially being a self-funded study, the second one doesn't really say anything. Even in the conclusion on the summary page it said that the study wasn't long enough to really claim anything.

Still, really interesting. I remember knowing that this substance was simply too cheap to acquire for most pharmaceutical companies to pick it up in the US. I wonder why, then, a universal healthcare country doesn't pay attention.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
The second one was mainly included so I'm not giving just one-sided information haha

Yeah, ironic that a potential medicine is neither able to be patented nor given government-level attention.

Fortunately it's not legal in Canada and doctors are allowed to prescribe it. Not sure how often that happens though. As for the States, from what I've read it's actually illegal for distribution.
TS's username gave me cancer...

I sure hope Thrashtastic does not come in here.....

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Hahaha i was waiting for my username to cause a joke.. 6 years later my choices in life have come back to haunt me