Page 1 of 2
he really does need a new amp though, or maybe some new EQing. His last stuff (in the last decade) has been super trebly and sometimes really annoying to listen to, or it's just some poorly filtered chorus or something, or soaked in delay and reverb, etc.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
buckethead is better at guitar than all of us

i think he has severe social anxiety or maybe hes on the autistic spectrum

or maybe he likes walking down the street and just being a guy instead of being buckethead
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Also I really really really hate his current musical endeavors. Like Colma and Electric Tears are two amazing albums, but instead he's focusing on this bizarre 'Pike' series, which has like 100 CD's and all are experimental metal stuff and it's stupid
it's all coming back

None of his music really surprises or catches my attention. A bag of tricks, sure, but I haven't heard anything from him that really moves and captivates me. He'd make an excellent guitar instructor for those who would want to learn the fundamental rudiments of playing guitar.
В словах есть что-то неприличное.
It's a performance gimmick, and a phenomenal one. He's a monster writer, player, and individual apparently.
Legato and fluidity in your playing is where it's at

DJENT!!
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by MinterMan22
he's a dork

The simplest answer is usually the best.
Bby joel your av reminds me of electric ladyland . Primus its not bout his secret identity but his meticulousness in his playing ok...somewhat his.secret identity but god damn ya dig
Quote by Primus2112
or maybe he likes walking down the street and just being a guy instead of being buckethead

Nobody can play a character that eccentric without actually being really eccentric.
Quote by LandoDFisherman
Bby joel your av reminds me of electric ladyland . Primus its not bout his secret identity but his meticulousness in his playing ok...somewhat his.secret identity but god damn ya dig

If you're into meticulous music, check out Mick Barr's compositions in 'Orthrelm', 'Octis', and 'Ocrilim'.
I don't think the mask is about meticulous playing at all. It started as a way for him to overcome stage fright, and then he slowly started building the Buckethead character as a way to create his own sort of horror film reality. He was obsessed with horror films as a kid, and a lot of the Buckethead persona is pretty dark, like the Bucketheadland theme park where every ride is some gruesome killing machine.

I'm also pretty sure there is 'something' with him, cause as said, you can't really be that eccentric without being eccentric. He's done a brilliant job of separating Buckethead from Brian Carroll though, better than almost any other masked performer with the same popularity.
it's all coming back

Last edited by Baby Joel at Nov 24, 2014,
^^^in fairness bar stuff like Ov (which is a real endurance challenge) Orthrelm is largely him wishing he was Chris Arp.

OT: he lacks a quality filter i can tell you that
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Nov 24, 2014,
Quote by chrismendiola
Nobody can play a character that eccentric without actually being really eccentric.

I think every actor ever disproves this, since they're the most boring people on the planet.
Quote by Baby Joel
I don't think the mask is about meticulous playing at all. It started as a way for him to overcome stage fright, and then he slowly started building the Buckethead character as a way to create his own sort of horror film reality. He was obsessed with horror films as a kid, and a lot of the Buckethead persona is pretty dark, like the Bucketheadland theme park where every ride is some gruesome killing machine.

I'm also pretty sure there is 'something' with him, cause as said, you can't really be that eccentric without being eccentric. He's done a brilliant job of separating Buckethead from Brian Carroll though, better than almost any other masked performer with the same popularity.

apparently, baby joel is also a dork
Quote by MinterMan22

15 year old Baby Joel was. 21 year old Baby Joel can only remember what it was like to be a dork.

Now 21 Baby Joel is just a Class A loser.
it's all coming back

Quote by Baby Joel
I'm also pretty sure there is 'something' with him

His guitar, at all times.
Quote by Banjocal
Orthrelm is largely him wishing he was Chris Arp.

Precisely.
Quote by MinterMan22

Blasphemy and its not the mask its about the entire atmosphere of his music kind of like amon amarth solid chops but the feels

The feels man
That said for all the technical prowess Arp has after playing 4 or 5 of those songs live he starts to fall apart. There's a limit to the human body's capabilities and he crossed it long ago. and he leaves what is one of the most technical guitar pieces ever written till last on the set. on a clean channel. with the audience clapping along in 4/4

he's also a total manchild. at least gilbert has humility
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Nov 24, 2014,
It's weird 'cause just an hour ago I was listening to Buckethead and thought it'd be an easy costume for next Halloween. I've made a habit of really, really easy DIY costumes for Halloween, and this is practically as minimalist as it gets.
Anyone associating themselves with misplaced garbage known as KFC obviously has mental issues.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by LandoDFisherman
Blasphemy and its not the mask its about the entire atmosphere of his music kind of like amon amarth solid chops but the feels

The feels man

amon amarth is so ****ing cringey

"viking metal" lmao
Quote by LandoDFisherman
The feels man

Quote by Zaphikh
If you're into meticulous music, check out Mick Barr's compositions in 'Orthrelm', 'Octis', and 'Ocrilim'.

Technical cacophony is cool and all, but i'd rather my music have tension and resolution outside of

Playing

and

not playing

DJENT!!
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Xiaoxi
Anyone associating themselves with misplaced garbage known as KFC obviously has mental issues.

Or he could be a genius and this is a hidden celebrity endorsement. KFC knows that people such as I might want to dress as Buckethead for Halloween because he's so strange, so I might go to KFC and buy a bucket of fried chicken so I can use the bucket for my costume.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Technical cacophony is cool and all, but i'd rather my music have tension and resolution outside of

Playing

and

not playing

I'd agree that it comes across as cacophony the first few listens. Given enough time, patterns begin to emerge (or maybe I just began memorizing every line of notes he'd churn out). I largely listened to Barr's "Annwn" album when I used to do long-distance running. It's something to distract you and kept my mind focusing on other things. It's private music; best when listened alone. Take what you will/want from it, or don't. There's no competition about this sort of stuff.
Quote by deadsmileyface

"viking metal" lmao

tell us how it feels not being a dork? not for me btw (i'm well aware of how it feels to not be a dork) but for the influx of dorks in this thread right now
Quote by deadsmileyface

"viking metal" lmao

Has nothing to do with lyrics and genre the atmosphere the music creates is incredible kind of like powerman 5000 dont matter what he sings but they do what they do and it do it well the feels the feeeeeeels
Quote by MinterMan22
tell us how it feels not being a dork? not for me btw (i'm well aware of how it feels to not be a dork) but for the influx of dorks in this thread right now

it feels p good IMO
Quote by LandoDFisherman
Has nothing to do with lyrics and genre the atmosphere the music creates is incredible kind of like powerman 5000 dont matter what he sings but they do what they do and it do it well the feels the feeeeeeels

the feels of being a dork yah
Quote by Zaphikh
I liek Mick Barr and Psyopus and All Shall Perish and Viraema.

So I hurd you like technicality in your life

DJENT!!
ಠ_ಠ
Page 1 of 2