Page 1 of 2
Thought this could be an interesting discussion.
Curious...
"The mind is everything. What you think, you become."
Hell no. Humanity is just starting to get interesting.
Ах, так вы не пьете и не курите?
Хорошо для вас: вы здоровым умрете!
no way. things are just gonna get worse and keep on getting worse. like i said, america's a third world country as it is and...and we're just basically in a hopeless situation as it stands.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
I've always thought like this...

The majority of the people I've talked to think, "with everything bad in the news it must be the end of the world...but people have been saying that for years."

This line of thinking almost leads me to believe that most people are anticipating the end of times. I've always believed that if this is the case, the end will come as a result of our anticipation. No one will stop the end of the world.

Along the lines of Baby Joel, things will keep getting worse and no one will bother to do anything about it.

Although, I'm sure there are some other countries across the globe where the population has a pretty optimistic outlook on life.

Meh, who knows.
Quote by Zaphikh
Hell no. Humanity is just starting to get interesting.

This is debatable.
Quote by mardisaaron
This is debatable.

Not really. Nothing has ever been so interesting as the here and now.
Quote by Zaphikh
Not really. Nothing has ever been so interesting as the here and now.

I'm sure the invention and commercialization of electricity was a lot bigger deal than most of the things happening now.
>allow the world to be taken over by squids
>world peace
>apocalypse never comes
¯\_()_/¯
As we know it anyway, and I feel fine.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
I don't know, landing a robot on a planet is pretty next level

plus you have to consider relative age. Like electricity is super recent considering we've been around for ages
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by mardisaaron
I'm sure the invention and commercialization of electricity was a lot bigger deal than most of the things happening now.

Eh...

no.
Quote by Baby Joel
I don't know, landing a robot on a planet is pretty next level

plus you have to consider relative age. Like electricity is super recent considering we've been around for ages

That's a good point. Electricity could very well be considered the here and now.

inb4 illuminati
Quote by mardisaaron
That's a good point. Electricity could very well be considered the here and now.

inb4 squidluminati

ftfy
¯\_()_/¯
For hundreds, if not thousands of years, people thought that the world was going to end in their lifetime.

"Prophets" predicting the end of the world have been around as long as prostitution.
Quote by CodeMonk
For hundreds, if not thousands of years, people thought that the world was going to end in their lifetime.

"Prophets" predicting the end of the world have been around as long as prostitution.

Thankfully none of them have been as successful as prostitutes.
World is not ending and prostitutes gonna keep prostituting.
Whenever I want to picture the future, I just watch Wall E
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
is half life 3 out yet? then no
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
No. The end of the world will not happen until the sun consumes all of it's hydrogen and begins to utilise helium in fusion reactions, expanding in size until it destroys the Earth.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
No. The end of the world will not happen until the sun consumes all of it's hydrogen and begins to utilise helium in fusion reactions, expanding in size until it destroys the Earth.

Or until someone builds a death star.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by mardisaaron
The majority of the people I've talked to think, "with everything bad in the news it must be the end of the world...but people have been saying that for years."

That's because bad news is easier to sell.

"As you can see behind me, the local school behind me has not been reduced to rubble because this town hasn't been bombed. The local children are actively engaged in a very intense game of catch, and I can tell you that it's certainly one of the most exciting games I've ever seen. At one point a kid trying to catch the ball even fell over. He didn't cry though, but still. I've never seen anything like it. Back to the studio."

Not saying there's not a lot of bad stuff going on in the world, but the news doesn't exactly paint an accurate picture. There's horrendous stuff going that the news hardly seems to report on (unless you're actively looking for that type of news), and there's also really good stuff that no one really seems to care about.
Last edited by ultimate-slash at Nov 24, 2014,
End of the world, eh? I have seen no signs of this. Acceptable (while of course not in any way desirable) signs would be, for example, raining blood, or nuclear weapons detonating when looking out of the window.
Quote by ElMaco
End of the world, eh? I have seen no signs of this. Acceptable (while of course not in any way desirable) signs would be, for example, raining blood, or nuclear weapons detonating when looking out of the window.

Yup, we're ****ed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDk6fvkEp2k
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
/Slayer/

I knew it was coming
I fool around on Yahoo Answers a lot, and the question comes up frequently. "When will the world end?"

I tend to be rather snarky and answer as does slapsymcdougal above..... When the Sun expands into a red giant and subsumes the inner planets.
However, I also ask what they mean by "the world". The planet? The human race? Contemporary civilization?

Are they talking about some religious notion of "the end"? Be specific.
The world has been ending for thousands of years

In reality, the world will probably end about 4.5 billion years from now.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by slapsymcdougal

ill take that bet
Quote by Bikewer
I fool around on Yahoo Answers a lot...

I prefer sites with naked people, but whatever floats your boat I guess.
i hope so. tired of all these letdowns every 10 years or so. someone launch some nukes already or don't.

shit or get off the pot, man.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by Baby Joel
america's a third world country as it is

you dont know what you're talking about, you would need to live in a 3rd world country
If you want it to be, it is
How do you make a signature? Is this a signature? Sig?.... Nature?..... Sigmund Freud?...... Nature Valley?.... Sigmund Fraud?..... Frankie Valli?.... ah, $!*@ it...
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Obviously the world's gonna end, probably not any time soon though.

Yea, my order parts to make a 100-mile long particle accelerator has been delayed by amazon AGAIN.

And somehow, even though I'm in all day, I get a note through the door saying "we couldn't deliver your lasers because noone was in".

I'm sending a very strongly worded email.
Quote by Diemon Dave
yeah, obviously the world will end, but probably not soon. I just hope it's not in my lifetime.
"Being honest may not get you a lot of friends, but it'll always get you the right ones."
Page 1 of 2