Hi.I have an MIM Standard Tele,I love it.Love the feel of the neck and how it plays.There's just one thing which very slightly bugs me and that's the pups.They're definately not awful but i'm used to playing US made Fenders(had a few) and the pups on the Mexi just don't quite match up.They're loud but i think they slightly lack clarity.
What Tele pickups would you guys recommend for me.I play blues and a bit of jazz and Hendrixy stuff and gonna learn some country on it.They don't have to be super powerful,Just nice a clear sounding like a US.I mainly use the neck and middle position,I kinda just want some nice warm,Clear woody tones(if that makes sense).What would you recommend at some different price ranges?Cheers in advance
Check out Lace and Vintage Vibe.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Cheapest: Score a used set of USA Tele pickups online, people generally don't ask much for them. Plus you know you already like those pickups.

Mid-range: I really like the Fender Nocaster pickups. Duncan Alnico II Pro are good too.

Top range: Lollar, Fralin.
Quote by Roc8995

Top range: Lollar, Fralin.

Those are good, too.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
To be completely honest, a lot of people (including me) prefer the Classic Vibe Squier pups that come stock with those teles, compared to the '52 reissue and other "legit" tele's pups.
Last edited by Will Lane at Nov 24, 2014,
DiMarzio Pre BS which is a vintage voiced pickup worked for me back in the day.