Quote by Deliriumbassist
I love how they haven't made it look like a Dingwall ABII with it's body flipped over AT ALL.

The little bottom "wave?"

Noticed that.
OTOH, most Dingwall ABII's are bolt-neck, use very fancy woods and have some seriously healthy pricetags. Friend of mine paid nearly $5K for his. He commented that he could have picked up two of these for just the depreciation hit walking out of the store with his.

I'll give 'em that little reverse wave <G>.
OK, so who is going to be the guinea pig who buys one, tries it out, and gives us a thorough review?

It certainly looks cool.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by dspellman
The little bottom "wave?"

Noticed that.
OTOH, most Dingwall ABII's are bolt-neck, use very fancy woods and have some seriously healthy pricetags. Friend of mine paid nearly $5K for his. He commented that he could have picked up two of these for just the depreciation hit walking out of the store with his.

I'll give 'em that little reverse wave <G>.

I wouldn't say they use fancy woods- mainly swamp ash, maple and alder. Even walnut and wenge I wouldn't say are particularly 'fancy' anymore.
Its rather tempting,but I'd be sleeping in the garage for a month if I bought another bass right now...
What we need is a bass made out of Sneezewood:

Or maybe Zebrawood:

Or perhaps Bloodwood:

Or Blackhearted Sassafras:

"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
OK, so who is going to be the guinea pig who buys one, tries it out, and gives us a thorough review?

It certainly looks cool.

Certainly the multi-scale guitars (same general shape, construction) have been successful -- sevenstring.org has quite a lot of people who've picked them up from Rondo. And there will certainly be plenty of buyers. Sit tight, there'll be a review along any minute.
Quote by FatalGear41

Or Blackhearted Sassafras:

Dat Sassafras tho... Seriously gorgeous. Taylor's got a limited edition line of acoustics this year made with that. Pretty damn drool worthy.
I’m sure it’s a great instrument, but I do just fine on a 34" bass with parallel frets. Given I’m not tuning down to F#, but still.
Quote by jpnyc
I’m sure it’s a great instrument, but I do just fine on a 34" bass with parallel frets. Given I’m not tuning down to F#, but still.

Same with me. But lately I've been able to play a number of fan fret guitars, and one fan-fret bass (non-Dingwall). Turns out that they're really comfortable; the angle of the frets actually gives you a very natural hand position. Takes maybe two days to be unconscious to the fact that the frets are angled. No downtuning required.