Hi guys,

I am in uni at the moment with my acoustic guitar but feel like bringing my electric guitars up, but my speaker cab and amp at home are far too big. I have this blackstar HT-5 head just sitting around my house so I thought I would just buy a cheap decent 212 cab under around £250 to mess around with quietly in my room whilst in uni. If you need to know I play quite a lot of different stuff but mostly heavy rock/metal.

Cheers guys

Also, if you think I would be better off with a 1x12 cab, I'm happy with that
Laney VH100R, Randall KH 4x12 cab, Harley Benton G212V, ESP LTD EC-1000, Jackson Demmelition King V, LTD KH-602, Tanglewood TW170, LTD EX-50, Squire Strat, Zakk Wylde wah, EHX Small Clone, Blackstar HT-5H
Last edited by UKMaster at Nov 24, 2014,
Harley Benton from Thomman! 2X12 with V30's for 150, great deal especially in Europe. 1X12 with a V30 is about 70 however...
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Get a garley benton G212 vintage from thomann.de

And maybe a new amp since you're at it...
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
That Harley Benton is a good choice, I'm getting one soon myself!
Guitars:
Epiphone Sheraton II
ESP LTD MH-1000FR
Vintage VRS100

Amps
Randall RH150G3 (and 412 cab)
Kustom RC30
Line 6 POD HD500
Have one of the 1X12's. They seem really, really solid!
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
A 2x12 is definitely dorm room overkill.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
^ yeah. those harley bentons are hard to beat for the price, but v30s are pretty loud speakers.

then again, virtually any guitar-orientated 12" speaker is going to be loud.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Cajundaddy

I was just thinking this. Seems like a 1x8 or 1x10 combo is a better idea for this situation.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Harley Benton G212 Vintage is pretty bad ass for the price. I just got mine today. But I noticed that the Vintage 30 speakers need to be played pretty loud to sound their best. They still need to be broken in though so that may change.

Thomann also has a smaller 1x12 cab but that is open back, which sounds quite a bit different. I would advice against smaller than 12" speaker. They just sound wimpy with guitars, IMHO of course.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at Nov 24, 2014,
Quote by Cajundaddy

Bah, dont be a sissy. A small head like Blackstar HT5 and a 2x12 sitting vertically makes a pretty bad ass looking mini-halfstack. Having a 2x12 cab sitting on its side vertically doesnt take any more room than a 1x12 cab you know.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Seems to me a simple multi-FX and a pair of good powered monitors would be a better all-round investment for a dorm room.

Actually, something like that Line 6 Amplifi really makes sense in this situation; you can stream music to it via bluetooth from nearly any source all day long and use it as a guitar amp when you want to.

And both are a LOT more compact -- easier to compete for the limited space in tight quarters.
Hahaha I would get a new amp but unfortunately don't have the money to get one

The Harley Benton cab sounds like a really good deal and seems to get quite high praise on here so is probably the one I'll get...

The line 6 amplifi actually looks like a pretty good investment, plus could be used as a decent loudspeaker for just playing music. Will have to do a little more research before I decide what to do because both sound really good...
Laney VH100R, Randall KH 4x12 cab, Harley Benton G212V, ESP LTD EC-1000, Jackson Demmelition King V, LTD KH-602, Tanglewood TW170, LTD EX-50, Squire Strat, Zakk Wylde wah, EHX Small Clone, Blackstar HT-5H