Hi all!

I was just wondering why my beautiful PAC112V was so cheap. I mean, it has an alder body, with a humbucker that suits my metal needs and two siglecoils for other stuff.

I know it's not made in America, but Yamaha are a Japanese company anyway. Also, I have to tune my guitar at least 3 times to get it tuned correctly, but that's probably my own fault because...

1. I tune to D standard...

2. With the strings that came on the guitar

Thanks!
The question you're asking is really poorly defined.

An alder body with a humbucker and 2 single coils can be had extremely cheaply. It's hardly an expensive way to build a guitar.

Also, the guitar is made in China I think. Cheap labour makes for cheap guitars.

It's not a bad guitar by any means, but not one aspect of the guitar is what I would consider to be really high quality.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Only the low-end Pacifica models—the only ones sold in the USA—are cheap. And they’re cheap because they’re just one more brand of cheap strat copies. That’s a pretty crowded market.
as everyone above has said, it's the same as asking why a harley benton is so cheap.

IMHO they still represent excellent quality for the money at that end of the price scale.
Try checking the intonation up at the higher frets with a precise tuner. You'll probably notice some deviancy.

Edit: Just kidding, my pacifica's intonation is still pretty solid after sitting around for years. It has other issues though, like the jack has always been crap, the pots are terrible, and wiring issues for days.

But a dang solid guitar for the beginner.
Last edited by Will Lane at Nov 25, 2014,
Chinese made, cheapo pickups, particle board.

However, I like them better than the counterparts of Squier bullet or affinity Strat. Yamaha doesn't go through the Samick or Hondo factories, they use their own, so their quality control is the same as any other Yamaha China products, like their P-255 pianos or YAS-23 Saxophones. It's a better factory than your average guitar manufacturer.
You get what you pay for.
Just another Sheep in the design of the Almighty Machine.

-GEAR-
Gibson 60s Les Paul Tribute (Sunburst)
1999 Ibanez RG470 (TitaniumIce-MIJ)
Jackson RR3 (Trans-Red)
Peavey 6505+
Podx3
Quote by JustRooster
Chinese made, cheapo pickups, particle board.

However, I like them better than the counterparts of Squier bullet or affinity Strat. Yamaha doesn't go through the Samick or Hondo factories, they use their own, so their quality control is the same as any other Yamaha China products, like their P-255 pianos or YAS-23 Saxophones. It's a better factory than your average guitar manufacturer.

Particle board? I've never seen it used by any of the well-known makers, I haven't even seen plywood used for a very long time.

EDIT - Current spec - alder body:

http://au.yamaha.com/en/products/musical-instruments/guitars-basses/el-guitars/pacifica/pacifica112v/?mode=model
Last edited by Tony Done at Nov 25, 2014,