I'm a relatively new player (2 years) and my first electric guitar was this http://www.rondomusic.com/shadowbk.html and goddamn do I love this guitar. However, a few friends said it was bad and I should pick up a new one. I found that the epiphone es-339 had great reviews and decided to pick one up with some spare cash. Not saying it's bad, but honestly I prefer playing the Douglas so much. God forbid I say that I prefer playing a Douglas over an Epiphone to my friends though. Is the Douglas just an amazing guitar for the price? Or did I just happen to get a good model?
If you like the Douglas, then play it.

Honestly comparing a semihollow to a solid body guitar is like comparing apples and oranges. Sometimes you like one and not the other. I have this issue. Picked up an Ibanez AS-73, which is a stellar ES-335 copy, and I'm not jiving with it, trying to sell it now. No biggie.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
One person having a preference doesn't make a thing overrated. It means you like something else better. And probably that your friends are dumb, or 15, or both.
Quote by Roc8995
One person having a preference doesn't make a thing overrated. It means you like something else better. And probably that your friends are dumb, or 15, or both.

All of this. Case closed.
Quote by Roc8995

+1
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
My two personal favorite guitars (that I own) is a beat up old Ibanez 1976 LP copy and an AM50 semi hollow from 1982. I have played them for thousands of hours since I bought them new way back when. At last count just over 20 guitars (Yes I have a serious case of G.A.S.) and they all have unique sounds. I have several Strats, a Telecaster, an Epiphone Sheridan, a Gretsch solid body, 3 acoustic/electrics etc. and now I own 6 Les Paul's of various types (one Gibson, four Epiphone and my beloved Ibanez LP). No matter what any fellow musician may say, those two older chipped and scarred Ibanez guitars sound great and I'll keep taking them to jobs playing them.
Just put your ES-339 on a guitar stand as your backup (and to give you a choice of sounds). Just plays what sounds and feels good to you regardless of the price or the opinion of others.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Nov 25, 2014,
Quote by Roc8995

Yep this.A guitar is a very personal thing.You play what YOU like.Not what other people say you should like.