In addition to the endless plethora of things I want, a wireless instrument transmitter is one of them. I would be going from my guitar to the wireless, to my pedal board. My board would be connected to the speaker system through cables.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1657577&highlight=wireless This thread tells me that I'd better get an expensive transmitter.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/instrument-wireless-systems/akg-wms-40-mini-instrument-wireless-system?pfm=sp#productDetail This wireless system is $99 USD and is probably crap.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/instrument-wireless-systems/akg-perception-wireless-instrumental-set#productDetail This is an upgrade of the previous system (I guess) and is more expensive but still is probably crap.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/instrument-wireless-systems/nady-uhf-4-guitar-wireless-system#productDetail This is a completely different brand that is seemed to present itself better by actually having specs, but considering its price it is probably crap. I'd try this one (or one of the "upgrades") if I had the chance to without buying it.

Maybe I'm looking at this wrong. Do wireless systems really need to be from Shure and also be expensive to be worth it? For something that I don't really need but want, I don't want to spend a lot of money. Under $200 is my budget, if that is possible.

Thank you for your help.
Last edited by Will Lane at Nov 24, 2014,
Line Six guitar relay?
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Will Lane
Do wireless systems really need to be from Shure and also be expensive to be worth it?

Do you mind if the wireless unit colors your tone a little? Do you open for bigger bands that will get pissed off if the wireless unit colors your tone a little? Do you want to carry extra wireless units in case of a failure? Do you play large enough venues that you might get more than thirty feet from the receiver? If all those answers are no, then you can probably get by with a set of Joyo wireless units. Otherwise it’s time to do some busking.
Look at Line6 G30 or G50 .....A G30 is in your price range and about as cheap as you can get for good quality , I have the G50 and like it , you do have to put fresh batteries in before a gig if you don't want failure ....
Quote by jpnyc
Do you mind if the wireless unit colors your tone a little? Do you open for bigger bands that will get pissed off if the wireless unit colors your tone a little? Do you want to carry extra wireless units in case of a failure? Do you play large enough venues that you might get more than thirty feet from the receiver? If all those answers are no, then you can probably get by with a set of Joyo wireless units. Otherwise it’s time to do some busking.

I dunno, i for one would love a wireless unit eventho i very rarely play stages that are to big for my cables. Its just way easier to move around the stage, without having to worry about tangling your cables with the other players or stepping on it, or having it pull your mic down or whatever. I tried it a few times with my friends wireless and it was awesome.

Anyway, the line6 wireless systems are pretty much the sdandard for afordable wireless systems nowdays. I have to say that i only played the G30 that my friend owns, but i was very happy with it. But honestly, i would not go cheaper than that, unless you want to sound like shit. And even then, id rather get the G50, because it isnt in some cheap plastic case. I've read a bunch of reviews that say the case broke.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
AKG WMS 40 mini. Had it 2 years. Sounds great. Metal base unit. Small Transmitter. 1 battery lasts ages. £65 quid in uk. Never had any failure. Doesn't pick up taxis or hospital radio. Does the job and my tone doesn't change at all. If I broke or lost it I'd buy another without question. 2 other guys in my band ditched their old ones and bought the AKG when they saw mine.

I don't use it to be cool. I hate leads getting under my volume pedal and turning me off. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR.