Poll: Guthrie Govan or Buckethead?
Poll Options
View poll results: Guthrie Govan or Buckethead?
Guthrie Govan
14 78%
Buckethead
4 22%
Voters: 18.
As a long time Buckethead fanatic, and short time Guthrie fan... I have to say, Guthrie blows Buckethead's bucket off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP4eIMc5VFw

In this hour long jazz-fusion session he plays everything that Buckethead ever played, and even more. I ****ing love this guy.

What do you think?
Quote by ChemicalFire
You get my first ever lolstack

The image in my head is just too funny for words at this point

Aw yeah.
These two are in two completely different realms of playing style. To say one of them is better than the other is like saying carrots are better at being orange than oranges, i.e. it's a pointless argument.
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
Not bothered about whose better than who. Playing music shouldn't be a competition.. It's art. That's all. But I do love Guthrie. Only heard about him after I found out he's the guitarist for Steve Wilson's Solo albums. Amazing player. Check out the Aristocrats. Really great stuff on their albums.
You were just meant to be temporary while I waited for gold.
Again I don't think it's a fair comparison, though I like Govan far more.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
No doubt about it
How do you make a signature? Is this a signature? Sig?.... Nature?..... Sigmund Freud?...... Nature Valley?.... Sigmund Fraud?..... Frankie Valli?.... ah, $!*@ it...
Guthrie is the most versatile player I know, he can make any genre sound extremely tasty (from jazz over blues and rockabilly to metal riffs), he's absolutely brilliant at imitating other guitarists and him in a trio with Marco Minnemann and Bryan Beller is just madness, amazingly crazy shit (in a good way). And his guitar teaching books are brilliant too.
Last edited by pb15994 at Nov 25, 2014,
i think guthrie is technically better but he doesn't have the same level of expressiveness in his lead playing, also buckethead's riffs are really catchy.
Govan!
Just another Sheep in the design of the Almighty Machine.

-GEAR-
Gibson 60s Les Paul Tribute (Sunburst)
1999 Ibanez RG470 (TitaniumIce-MIJ)
Jackson RR3 (Trans-Red)
Peavey 6505+
Podx3
Buckethead's playing, music, persona, humor, etc is way more interesting, and that matters far more than technical ability.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I don't really like jazz so I haven't listened to Govan much, but I enjoy his teaching on youtube.

There is no filter with Buckethead material. Everything that he has ever thought of has been released. I know he has contributed to over 100 albums...and not like a session player just plays, these are different projects. I am all for people releasing more vs less....but when a lot of Buckethead's stuff is noise and sound effects and just eccentric, I don't see the point.