efault">efault">http://www.avclub.com/article/blink-182-singer-says-streaming-music-killing-elep-212234?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=LinkPreview:1efault

According to DeLonge, “I tell people condoning streaming is like condoning the Chinese that are killing elephants for their tusks and carving ivory statues,” a statement that probably makes perfect sense to pop-punk guitarists who chase aliens. Not content with alienating only the Chinese, DeLonge then turns his sights on casual music fans and music streamers, saying, “It’s cool to put on your shelf but if you really think about what you’re doing it sucks. Streaming music is doing the same thing to artists—might not be killing ’em but it’s killing the industry. It might be cool for you as somebody that likes music but you’re not really thinking about the effect it has. We’ve got to value our art, you know?”

Okay Tom Delonge.
If anything, streaming/downloading music is like getting on a bus without buying a ticket when the driver has just wandered off to have a smoke because he was a few minutes early and doesn't really give a crap if anyone actually pays for the ride.

And some people seem to keep hammering on about how the music industry/the business is dying. Why would we give a crap? It's not our business.
People want stuff cheap and don't give a rat's ass about your business.
Welcome to the economy. If other businesses are in trouble they don't go: "well, we're doing shit because our customers are assholes and don't want us to be happy." I'm pretty sure that's a big no-no when doing business of any kind.
Last edited by ultimate-slash at Nov 25, 2014,
shut up Tom.

this makes me want to stream your shitty music into an empty room with 10 different internet radio accounts.

i hope it kills all your elephants.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
In contrast, Circa Survive posted this yesterday. On the release date of their new album.

So what's your problem, Tom?
Tom's problem is he's a massive ****.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
**** elephants

stupid bitches think they're better than us with their trunks and no thumbs
I was gounna make an ivory tower joke but nah he's just dumb(o)
Praise the Z-Dog, my DADDY
Yes, but demand controls supply, so if we all bought more ivory, wouldn't they have to raise more elephants? I think he's got it backwards, we need more ivory.
"I think my art is good, so I deserve all the credit and all the money."

That's pretty much what Tom sounds like right there.
Listening to Blink-182=killing elephants
How do you make a signature? Is this a signature? Sig?.... Nature?..... Sigmund Freud?...... Nature Valley?.... Sigmund Fraud?..... Frankie Valli?.... ah, $!*@ it...
It streaming music is killing your industry than maybe the labels shouldn't agree to streaming deals ya dumb mk
Tom DeLonge doesn't even make art

I think he's just mad that elephants make better music than him.
I have nothing important to say
Pirating music is like kicking an orphan child in the collar bone.
Borrowing a friends cd is like shooting a kitten with an airsoft gun.
Streaming music is like skinning a small animal alive.

I can make bad comparisons too.
making bad comparisons is like putting a sword up a cat's bum
Praise the Z-Dog, my DADDY
Quote by Lord_Doku
"I think my art is good, so I deserve all the credit and all the money."

That's pretty much what Tom sounds like right there.

Isn't that pretty much the exact reason he left blink to form AVA?
Nah, I'm good.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by badfish_lewis
Pay for your music you thieving bastards

If I want to own a specific album, I'll pay for it. If I'm just listening to things at home, I'll lok up albums on youtube or whatever. Every album I've bought in the past few years (which I admit isn't very many) has been something I streamed for a while first and really enjoyed.
Quote by WCPhils
**** elephants

stupid bitches think they're better than us with their trunks and no thumbs

To think I was happy you were unbanned.

ab mk
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ultimate-slash
If anything, streaming/downloading music is like getting on a bus without buying a ticket when the driver has just wandered off to have a smoke because he was a few minutes early and doesn't really give a crap if anyone actually pays for the ride.

And some people seem to keep hammering on about how the music industry/the business is dying. Why would we give a crap? It's not our business.
People want stuff cheap and don't give a rat's ass about your business.
Welcome to the economy. If other businesses are in trouble they don't go: "well, we're doing shit because our customers are assholes and don't want us to be happy." I'm pretty sure that's a big no-no when doing business of any kind.

this is a great post.

but don't take my word for it, I've been wrong before
Quote by Telecaster7
Oh dear, current affairs...
Quote by CrazyMatt
this is a great post.

but don't take my word for it, I've been wrong before

Thank you, but I'm often wrong as well, so I don't know where that leaves my first post.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
good thing i torrent!

This. Torrenting is so much more satisfying than streaming. So many bitrates to choose from

Quote by badfish_lewis
Pay for your music you thieving bastards

Who can afford to pay for all that good shit out there man? Only middle class people can and I bet none of them even have an alum by The Fall in their collection smh
Last edited by Duffman123 at Nov 25, 2014,
I torrent and stream stuff, but I also buy some bc I'm a good boy

and bc vinyl are cool