Hi, i have a 2nd Greco V flying. I can't get the guitar in tune after stress the string ( i stress the strings everytime i tuning ). When i bend a string, some of other strings are out of tuning except the string i bended. I also replaced the stock tuning pegs with AllPart but the problem is still... Anyone know how to fix this?

Sr about my bad english
Tuners are very rarely the cause of poor tuning stability, so putting new tuners on it was probably a waste of money. It's a very common misconception that tuners are the issue, and it's caused by marketing.

The vast majority of the time the problem is caused by the nut catching the string, so I'd suggest widening the nut slots out a little and lubricating the slots by writing a pencil into them. That should make a big difference.

Either that or you're not string the guitar properly.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Nov 25, 2014,
Is this a hard-tail flying V or does it have a tremolo? Are your strings new and how are you wrapping the strings around your tuning posts? Are you sure you aren't bending out of key and making the rest of the strings sound out of tune?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Tuners are very rarely the cause of poor tuning stability, so putting new tuners on it was probably a waste of money. It's a very common misconception that tuners are the issue, and it's caused by marketing.

The vast majority of the time the problem is caused by the nut catching the string, so I'd suggest widening the nut slots out a little and lubricating the slots by writing a pencil into them. That should make a big difference.

Either that or you're not string the guitar properly.

I bought a bone nut from a custom store to replace, also try the pencil trick but the problem is still. I'm sure i string the guitar exactly like the sticky post.

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Is this a hard-tail flying V or does it have a tremolo? Are your strings new and how are you wrapping the strings around your tuning posts? Are you sure you aren't bending out of key and making the rest of the strings sound out of tune?

My guitar look exactly like this

I replace the stock brigde with gotoh GE103B. My strings is new and i string the guitar exactly like the sticky post .Yes, i bending out of key, then the rest of the strings sound out of tune.
Last edited by hiphopbb00 at Nov 25, 2014,
If you bought a new bridge did you get the saddles slotted? Does the guitar fall out of tune when you arent bending?

Nice looking Greco.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Cool Flying V dude.

It could be because the strings aren't stretched in enough.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
If you bought a new bridge did you get the saddles slotted? Does the guitar fall out of tune when you arent bending?

Nice looking Greco.

The saddles is pre slotted. Few strings are out of tune after i stress a single string ( they're almost flat ). Then i stress the secound string and the first string is flat again, some of the rest is more flat, some still in tune.

I wonder if anything wrong with the neck or trussrod...

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Cool Flying V dude.

It could be because the strings aren't stretched in enough.

I will try to stretch the string again, thank you.

This guitar is cheap and nice looking but it's a real pain in the ass for weird out of tune ...
Last edited by hiphopbb00 at Nov 25, 2014,
Quote by hiphopbb00
The saddles is pre slotted. Few strings are out of tune after i stress a single string ( they're almost flat ). Then i stress the secound string and the first string is flat again, some of the rest is more flat, some still in tune.

I wonder if anything wrong with the neck or trussrod...

They aren't though. Pre-slotted bridges have few guide lines but they are nowhere near deep enough to use. Your bridge saddles need to be cut.

Other strings fall out of tune when you're stretching your strings initially. Keep tuning until that doesn't happen anymore.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
They aren't though. Pre-slotted bridges have few guide lines but they are nowhere near deep enough to use. Your bridge saddles need to be cut.

Other strings fall out of tune when you're stretching your strings initially. Keep tuning until that doesn't happen anymore.

Thank you, i will try that.