I found two guitars that I'm considering buying was just wanting some feedback on the two. One is a ESP LTD JH Snakbyte with JH pickups guitar was manufactured in Korea. The other is a ESP LTD Iron Cross with JH Pickups. Both guitars are in excellent shape and come with a hard case. Got the seller down to $650 a piece. Any thoughts? I have a ESP LTD FX-400 and absolutely love it.
Do you want an Explorer or a Les Paul? Other than the shape the two guitars are almost identical.

The mid range LTDs are very solid guitars. Whatever you buy it will be a good guitar. I recommend playing both and picking whichever one you find more comfortable.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Yeah they're nearly identical as far as specs go. I'm just considering buying both just because of what the seller will part with them for. But If I had to pick one it would be the iron cross.
$650 sounds like a pretty solid price, especially with the hard case, and as you know LTD's are great guitars for the money you pay. I would probably just get one seeing as you already have a pretty good guitar anyway, or maybe think about getting a real ESP with the $1300?

And if it were me, I would also get the iron cross version
Laney VH100R, Randall KH 4x12 cab, Harley Benton G212V, ESP LTD EC-1000, Jackson Demmelition King V, LTD KH-602, Tanglewood TW170, LTD EX-50, Squire Strat, Zakk Wylde wah, EHX Small Clone, Blackstar HT-5H
Quote by koreylyons
Yeah they're nearly identical as far as specs go. I'm just considering buying both just because of what the seller will part with them for. But If I had to pick one it would be the iron cross.

This is pretty much where I'd be. I'd be more tempted to just get the iron cross though, isn't the body of the snakebite enormous?

Get the Cross
Quote by Nickpocalypse
This is pretty much where I'd be. I'd be more tempted to just get the iron cross though, isn't the body of the snakebite enormous?

Get the Cross

They're both large in their own ways. The Iron Cross is obviously thick while the Snakebyte has a lot of surface area.

I have a Snakebyte and it's nowhere near as heavy as you would expect. It comes in around 7.5 pounds. I have no problem with the weight or size while standing, although I am about the same height and weight as James Hetfield. The Snakebyte has a lot of body contour that cuts down on the amount of wood. The case is enormous and weighs a ton, though.

I figure the Iron Cross is most likely comparable with a Gibson Les Paul. I have a Studio and it's a lot more uncomfortable to play and heavier than my LTD.

They're both likely to be great as far as quality goes, so it really just comes down to preference. Do you like Explorers or do you like Les Pauls OP? If both, buy both like you said. I spent $650 on mine too and I feel it was a great deal. My LTD is set up and plays better than my Studio, which has given me the desire to lower the action on the Studio.
Last edited by Explorer91 at Dec 7, 2014,
Haha, I'm just remembering back to when I got my first explorer, whacking the tailfin into stuff for a while until I got used to how big it was and having something sticking out. I likened it to wearing a very well balanced canoe. That's not a jibe, just an amusing recollection to me.
Quote by Hydra26
Haha, I'm just remembering back to when I got my first explorer, whacking the tailfin into stuff for a while until I got used to how big it was and having something sticking out. I likened it to wearing a very well balanced canoe. That's not a jibe, just an amusing recollection to me.

True true. I had to get used to the whole big guitar thing. My Dean ML is of course even more prone to getting whacked because it's bigger than an Explorer, and it's to the point where she's simply become my workhorse. There are more chunks taken out of her than I can count lol