I just got my Fender Hot Rod Deville III today and I noticed that there is a very loud pop when switching from the dirty channel to clean. It's relative to the input of the amp, meaning if I have a chord ringing out and switch to clean, its louder than if I switch to clean with no notes ringing. Has anyone experienced this or know what might be the cause??
did you buy it new? if not there is a relatively simple if it is what i am thinking if its new and the store could try to get it swapped.\

BUT that is common if i am understanding you a pop ONLY when switching and switches once.

do some searching around. cathbard would probably be able to confirm and help you with what you need.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Does it do it when switching from clean to dirty?
If so, its probably a crappy switch on the switching pedal.

Either way, when you get it sorted out, get yourself an overdrive or distortion pedal, and NEVER use the dirty channel again
The dirt channel on the Hot Rod Deville is utter crap.
from my limited knowledge of electrical, (soon to be qualified in auto elec though)

I think it's a bad earth somewhere? Cathbard, we need you!
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
The amp is brand new, unpacked it yesterday. Yes, it seems to only pop when switching from clean to dirty. And it also does it when I switch the channel using the "Channel Select" button on the amp itself, so I think that rules out the footswitch/cable. I don't really plan on using the dirty channel, but I still want it to work properly. I thought it might go away after switching a few times, but it doesn't seem to. Still pops every time.
there is a solution, but i don't remember. i think it was just a small cap or resistor that would be wired across the switch IIRC.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Sounds like a dodgey relay to me. There's quite a lot of bs going on with the switching with those. I'd start by changing the two relays and take it from there.

Trashed, you may be thinking of wiring a 10M resistor across the relay contacts. That might work but as not all HRD's do it, I'd say a relay is ****ed. Better to fix a fault rather than trying to mask it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Nov 26, 2014,
Quote by Cathbard
Sounds like a dodgey relay to me. There's quite a lot of bs going on with the switching with those. I'd start by changing the two relays and take it from there.

Trashed, you may be thinking of wiring a 10M resistor across the relay contacts. That might work but as not all HRD's do it, I'd say a relay is ****ed. Better to fix a fault rather than trying to mask it.

that is what i was thinking just not remembering. i am still learning.

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Agree probably a bad relay so exchange it for one that works since it is brand new.

Then put duct tape over the HRD OD channels so you don't even know they exist and put a TS9 or OCD in front of the clean channel as your OD. Glorious Blackface clean tone and OD that really sings. It's a great amp if you play to it's strengths. If you depend on the amp OD channels for great tone it will disappoint you.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Oh yeah. Send it back. What's the point of buying new if you don't utilise the warranty?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
you learn something every day... i didn't even realise there were relays. I just thought they were fairly standard switches.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.