no

rip it off

reach straight down

and just rip it right off
Quote by Dregen
i'm on thanksgiving break today i'm not reading all of that shit

I'm not gonna pretend I would read even if I wasn't on break
stopped reading at

After all, white is a mixture of all the colors of the rainbow, including black. Used inclusively, the word "white" has no connotations whatsoever of race. Yet many people are hung up on this point.
Praise the Z-Dog, my DADDY ♂♂♂
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Article written under the pseudonym "William Satire". Keep reading
Didnt notice that, haha. I kept on albeit semi-skimming. Interesting point but handled in the least subtle of ways, though I suppose that's needed. Problem is - for the sake of being concise - Poe's law can be applied to real life when presented as a document and I honestly wouldn't be surprised to hear something like this (excluding the post-scriptum) was written in '85.
Praise the Z-Dog, my DADDY ♂♂♂
Last edited by Banjocal at Nov 26, 2014,
I get what it's trying to say and I agree, but for the most part English has always moved toward being able to say more with less. So I don't really see it being feasible to add a syllable to a bunch of words to make them -person instead of -man.

Some people would consider this a stance that is resistant to change. I see it as a stance that is welcoming to change but doesn't find this change very likely.
i would be agreeable to either replace the suffix -man/-men with -zen/-zens or maybe even -peep/ -peeps
Last edited by Godsmack_IV at Nov 26, 2014,
Quote by archangels
for the most part English has always moved toward being able to say more with less.

that's not true though
i don't know why i feel so dry
Sure seems like it with all the contractions, buzzwords, and slang that have entered our vocabulary. The internet age may have ramped it up a bit, but it seems like it still happened slowly before that.

Of course, I'm not a linguist by a long shot, so I accept the possibility that I'm wrong.
A defence on the fluidity of language in the most Hofstadter way possible
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Hey qfire,

Welcome to Ultimate-Guitar. We hope you enjoy your time here, please refer to any one of our helpful and kind members who frequent The Pit if you have any questions.

chrismendiola
UG Member
Quote by chrismendiola
Hey qfire,

Welcome to Ultimate-Guitar. We hope you enjoy your time here, please refer to any one of our helpful and kind members who frequent The Pit if you have any questions.

chrismendiola
UG Member

Hey just so you know he's banned so this isn't relevant anymore
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by chrismendiola
Hey asshole,

Welcome to the website shitdick. We hope you leave, please smoke reefer with any one of our not so helpful and dickshit members who frequent The Pit if you have to pee or someshit.

chrismendiola
UG Member

I didn't ftfy.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all