Page 1 of 2
Evening'

I'm trying to cut down on my time on Facebook... I'm starting to feel that its "taking over"
Whenever I'm on my computer, I always have the facebook tab open.. Just an example.

Do any of you guys have some good advice? Would mean a lot.
delete your account for awhile. learn to live with out it.
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Get people's numbers, delete account temporarily, get Tumblr or whatever instead, get addicted, and then rinse and repeat.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
just post here all the time instead
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Banjocal
Get people's numbers, delete account temporarily, get Tumblr or whatever instead, get addicted, and then rinse and repeat.

i gotta agree with this. frequenting other sites would help. pinterest, UG, tumblr, etc.
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
You can permanently delete your account, they'll make you wait 2 weeks without logging in after requesting the deletion.

I did it. I got so angry at people just posting dumb bullshit or even worse believing in it, I just quit "cold turkey" after 6 years of using it.
lol @ people believing that Facebook actually will delete your information from their servers.

I recommend not scrolling through everyone's lame posts. Just log on, check your notifications, and log out.
Facebook is a boring site with limited things to do, how can you spend enough time on it to consider it taking over lol
change your password, but close your eyes and mash the keyboard to choose the new one. then log out
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Facebook is a boring site with limited things to do, how can you spend enough time on it to consider it taking over lol

This is totally going to sound like made up bullshit because I can't find the article I read, but basically people spend more time on Facebook than almost any other site.

And not like, people visit Facebook a lot of different times during the day. Like, people get on Facebook and just scroll through it for extended periods of time.
For real, everyone's guilty of it. And my gf, jfc, it's like a routine that takes up to 5-10 mins with fb, Instagram, twitter just stop god
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by Wiegenlied
change your password, but close your eyes and mash the keyboard to choose the new one. then log out

I actually did this before
switch to UG - it's less terrible
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by archangels
lol @ people believing that Facebook actually will delete your information from their servers.

I recommend not scrolling through everyone's lame posts. Just log on, check your notifications, and log out.

This.

I barely use Facebook anymore and usually it's to check the posts of the only two people that talk to me.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
I deleted mine last July, and I really haven't looked back since. I do miss a few people, and it is easier to use to stay in touch, but I'd say having a twitter with just my core friends of like 7-8 people is a good substitute.

Thinking about going back, but I also really like not having it there.
Quote by Banjocal

this is what I was gonna say. since I started using tumblr, I've barely been on facebook (and hate it more every time I do). Though, I don't think being addicted to tumblr is much better than being addicted to facebook...
Post a picture of your asshole on your wall, i'm sure you'll have no problem not coming back.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by TheChaz
Here's a trick. Don't open an extra tab for Facebook, trick.

Woah man what a life hack!
Quote by Nelshizzle
Post a picture of your asshole on your wall, i'm sure you'll have no problem not coming back.

I genuinely almost do this every time I open FB mobile. That photo upload button is in a scary place
If you think you're spending too much time on fb just don't login.

I don't really use it for anything except to talk to people
cat
I barely used Facebook when I had it. An ex-girlfriend wanted me to make one so she could have me on her relationship status. I told her that sounds incredibly ******ed, but that she could go make one with my name if she wanted to.

About a year ago I deactivated it because I just wasn't really using it. I just plain and simple don't care about anyone's status updates or their selfies.

I was actually surprised to see that most of my family still uses it. My one sister and I are the only ones who don't.

If it's actually useful in your life, then stop worrying about it. But if you feel it has no value to you, then just deactivate your account and stop visiting the website. It's really not as hard as you're making it. You're either happy with it or you're not, so you either use it or you don't.

Quote by Thrashtastic15
don't use it and socialize with people in person instead :-o

Oh, and this. ^

I meet so many people who are crap at face to face communication because they're glued to their phones 24/7. But it's the absolute best way to socialize. You get to know people a lot better.
Last edited by Mud Martian at Nov 26, 2014,
It's only actually useful for communicating with people whose numbers you don't really need but who you may need to occasionally stay in touch with. But I don't think I would make an account now if I never had had one.
When used correctly its actually very helpful i dunno why so many people hate on it. Probably because its too popular for their hipster brains.
Quote by Jyrgen
It's only actually useful for communicating with people whose numbers you don't really need but who you may need to occasionally stay in touch with. But I don't think I would make an account now if I never had had one.

if you need to occasionally stay in touch with them just get their number.. woah man crazy
Quote by soundgarden1986
Woah man what a life hack!

Wow, I can't believe I never knew about this 1 life hack! Number 1 will save you hours!
Quote by Thrashtastic15
if you need to occasionally stay in touch with them just get their number.. woah man crazy

No, there's a fine line where I really don't want their number. Also FB makes a decent platform for group chats regarding school projects etc.
Quote by WCPhils
I actually did this before

How? you have to type the new password 2 times for confirmation. how did you blindly mash it exactly the same twice?
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by BjarnedeGraaf
How? you have to type the new password 2 times for confirmation. how did you blindly mash it exactly the same twice?

his password was asdfjkl;
cat
Page 1 of 2