So i've heard a few demos of the Krank Krankenstein and Krank Revolution and they don't seem bad at all. Anyone have an opinion on these amps? Difference between the two and why one may be better than the other? Anything I should know about them? Thanks so much

EDIT: I play in drop A# and drop G# mainly if anyone has experience with these in a low tuning
Last edited by nor.omar.9 at Nov 26, 2014,
search for the official krank thread, may take a few minutes, and there are at least a couple hundred posts.

found it here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1546628&highlight=krank+official
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Nov 26, 2014,
Krank amps actually shut the shop down last year, but if your still interested in checking out those style amps, Tony Krank, the guy that started Krank amps made a new company called Revolution amps and they are sounding sweet...check em out!

http://revolutionamps.com/

also hes making Stiff amps

http://orbitelectronix.com/stiff/index.php
Guitars:
Agile Interceptor Pro 828
Martin and Fender acoustics

Amp:
Bias amps
Last edited by PantallicaFreak at Nov 27, 2014,
^ correct, but Stiff amplification is no more since tony started Revolution amps which he has the Revolution, K-stein and 1980 under different names.

I really like Krank amps besides the K-stein (It is way too aggressive for me) and used they are really cheap.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
KRANK!!! They are awesome. Already scheming on how to get another one. I've had a Chadwick, two different Rev Jr.s, and I'm hoping to get a K-Stein soon
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
The thing about Krank (or at least my chadwick combo) it needs to be KRANKED for tone, these are not bedroom amps. Unless you are wanting to play loud or don't care about tone look elsewhere. They are nice amps, but you need the volume at 4+ for tone.
The Jr.s sound pretty good low, but I agree about the Chad and my 1980, they like volume
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
From what i'm seeing there are three different kinds of revolution.
The Original, the Rev1 and rev+
Does anyone know the difference between the three?
Quote by nor.omar.9
From what i'm seeing there are three different kinds of revolution.
The Original, the Rev1 and rev+
Does anyone know the difference between the three?

There are only 2 Revolution amps and there are 4 Rev Jr amps

There are the Rev series 1 and the Rev series 1+

The series 1 has 6l6 power section and the Rev1+ has a 6550 power section. They sound very similar, but the rev1+ has a little bigger bottom end.

Now there are also 4 versions of the Rev Jr. There is the Rev Jr 50 watt and rev Jr 20 watt and then there is the Rev Jr Pro 50watt and 20watt which has foot switchable channels and a better EQ section for the clean channel
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
In an old band I was in the other guitarist used a Krank Kranenstein.. It was a Beast.. But his was one of the first ones.. But,like Marhsall's, it needs to be played loud.. And they Are Loud..! We played the Heavier Classic Rock and '80s Hairband stuff.. It did it's job very well..
Last edited by custom53 at Nov 29, 2014,